Monday, August 2, 2010

The Genius of Bloggers

Happy Monday! I can't believe the weekend is over already! I must admit that I had a pretty productive weekend, which always makes me happy.

Yesterday the hubby and I got into a "cleaning mode" and packed up lots of stuff to donate to the Goodwill Store. Even though we brought a bunch of boxes over, we realized that we still have so much more stuff to go through! It's amazing how events (like having a baby) motivate me to clean up, reorganize and get my stuff together.

I know I've mentioned this before, but one of the reasons I love blogging and reading blogs is to get ideas from other people.

I've been making banana soft serve a lot lately because of all of this heat. I read recently on Jolene's blog about how she adds frozen blueberries to her banana soft serve to create an entirely different flavor. I tried this a few days ago and I LOVED it! Thanks so much for the idea, Jolene!

I used one frozen banana, a splash of fat free milk and a handful of frozen blueberries.

Yum!


This made the traditional banana soft serve really, really tasty!


Question of the Day:
Why do you read food blogs?

Until next time!

~Anne Marie

10 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Agree! I totally lean on others for foodie inspiration (hence the shrimp & grits). Good luck with the reorg- I always feel better when things are clean/decluttered

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I am also with you on inspiration. Food blogs have opened my mind to so many delicious new foods!

TheHealthyApron said... Best Blogger Tips

haha they totally make me hungry!! And I LOVE getting new recipe ideas

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh so many reasons! I love the inspiration.

Im a HUGEEE fan of banana softserve. Making some tomorrow for sure!

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

I enjoy reading food blogs because they have awesome recipes/ideas of healthy eats and you get to make friends!!!

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

I read them for the community, but also because you can learn so much about so many different things. Blogging is awesome!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I love reading blogs for motivation...I love getting healthy tips etc. and always learning something new =)

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

I seriously cannot get banana soft serve to turn out like it should.

xo

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am so glad you liked it!!!! :-)

I totally read for recipe ideas, and inspiration, and to discover new foods that I have never tried before. I have also always been really interested in what other people eat.

Jocelyn said... Best Blogger Tips

mmm I love Jolene's blog! And I love blueberry banana soft serve :)
I love reading food blogs because it gives me lots of ideas for new recipes! :)