Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dealing with Fast Food Restaurants

Well, it looks like my summer at work is winding down. Orientation starts in two weeks, and the professors are in and filling my days with lots of work. Even though I sort of miss the lazy summer work days, it's nice to be busy again.

Yesterday, my mom found an article about how to navigate through some of the most popular fast food restaurants. The article can be found by clicking here.

Some of the tips that I found interesting:

At Starbucks you can order any drink in a "short" size and your drink will be in an 8oz cup. This can save you anywhere from 140 to 350 calories depending on your drink.

At Moe's Southwest Grill you can order your burrito "streaker style" and they'll skip the tortilla. This can save you 310 calories.

At Subway, you can order any sandwich as a salad, saving you up to 520 calories (depending on what the sandwich was).

I thought this was a pretty neat article! Even though I don't eat at a lot of fast food restaurants, it's good information to have if I happen to visit one.

Question of the Day:
Do you have any fast food restaurant tips?

At Subway, I almost always get the Veggie Delight. It's yummy, filling and packed with veggies!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

5 comments:

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

Very smart! "streaker" how funny! I don't really have any! At Wendy's i'll get the side salad with chicken nuggets and make it a chicken salad? Does that count?! :)

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

LOL sure, that counts!

megan said... Best Blogger Tips

great suggestions! I've ordered a "short" drink from starbucks before...mainly the caramel apple cider. I didn't want all the calories/sugar, but that drink is sooo good that I just had to order it, even if it was the smallest possible size :)

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

The only fast food restaurant I have been to in years is Subway. I get a veggie delight too. I love the bread and I pack it with as many veggies as they offer. Not bad at all for fast food.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I have stopped getting cheese on subs because I don't find that I can taste it.