Wednesday, August 18, 2010

12 Years Ago Today.....and Bubble Up Enchilada

Happy Wednesday! I called my aunt this morning at 8:30 and wished her a happy anniversary. Anniversary of what? Twelve years ago today, I saw Hanson in concert for the first time, and my aunt Nette took me to see them. I remember when she told me that she would take me (she also took me to my first New Kids on the Block concert when she was 8 months pregnant, so maybe she felt obligated. lol). I was super excited, especially when she didn't mind me bringing their tape to listen to in the car and storing my "I love Taylor" poster in the front seat with us. Dorky, I know, but I couldn't resist making a blog post about it.

This week I decided to try something new. When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to make it.

Bubble Up Enchilada

1 pound ground turkey
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits
1 1/2 cups shredded low fat Mexican Cheese
*add ins-peppers, beans, etc.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown turkey and drain if needed. Mix in a can of enchilada sauce and tom sauce. Cut the refrigerated biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture. Then you just dump it all in a greased casserole and bake for 25 minutes. Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
You can make this into 6 or 8 servings.
Sounds easy enough, right? It's similar to the bubble up pizza except it has a Mexican twist.
I started off by browning the onion....
Next, I added the turkey and cooked it until browned. I also added in the black beans, tomato sauce and quartered biscuits.

Once it was all mixed together, I poured it in the casserole dish and baked in the oven.


Once that was done, I put some cheese on it and baked it again for another 10 minutes.

Delish!
The hubby and I really liked it. When he first saw it, he thought it was bubble up pizza and wanted to know if we could have that on the menu next week. You'll be seeing a blog post in the near future about his request :)
Question of the Day:
Are there any silly dates that you remember? I.E. the first time you saw a band in concert or the first time you tasted a piece of chocolate cake?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

6 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't remember the dates to any of those things, but I will tell you that I also LOVED New Kids on the Block and Hanson. Jordan was my fave from New Kids, and Taylor was my fave from Hanson. I had posters of them on my wall, and my friends made fun of me :-)

Janna (Just Flourishing) said... Best Blogger Tips

Haha! Happy Hanson Anniversary. SO funny. I loved Hanson!!!

I don't really remember too many dates. I have a bad memory :)

Lindsey said... Best Blogger Tips

LOL - love the Hanson anniversary. Any idea what happened to those guys?

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

They are still around, Lindsey!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

looks amazing!!!!

xo

the actor's diet said... Best Blogger Tips

i just listened to an interview with hanson on NPR - those guys are still rockin!