Monday, July 12, 2010

Whole Wheat Chili Mac

Hi bloggies! Hope you had a fantastic weekend! I can't believe we're at Monday already. I keep thinking back to last Monday when I was off from the holiday. I can't believe how fast time flies!

I came across this recipe for Whole Wheat Chili Mac. I followed it mostly, but had to make some adjustments.

Ground turkey and onions cooking.

Next up to add in: tomatoes, tomato sauce and beans!
I quickly realized that this dish needed more pasta, so I used the entire box and poured in about a jar of salsa to give the pasta something to cook in.

Yummy!
Since I could easily go through this in less time than I'd like to admit, I poured it into a casserole dish for easy portion control. The hubby and I really enjoyed it - the salsa gave it an extra added kick!
Question of the Day:
Do you follow recipes word for word or just wing it?
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

13 comments:

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum that looks delish! I am definitely writing this one down!

xo

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Fabulous- love the salsa addition. I bet this will keep you going with leftovers all week!! I usually make some adjustments to recipes. I cannot believe its Monday either ah!

Sweet and Savory said... Best Blogger Tips

I usually change one or two things in a recipe to our liking...this chili mac looks great!

Julie @ Pickley Pear said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this recipe - so easy! I usually don't have every ingredient so I wing it the best I can!

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

i always wing it! i never have every ingredient "suggested."

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks delicious! Except without the onions :D

I am pretty much a recipe follower, other than homemade pasta sauce - every tomato is different for each batch and I need to make adjustments as needed.

Happy Monday!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks wonderful! I LOVE pasta in my chili...I guess I never realized that that makes it chili mac! :)

I rarely follow recipes to a T -- where's the fun in that? :)

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) said... Best Blogger Tips

That chili mac looks FANTASTiC! Yum

I wing almost everything I cook, lol. I'm not good at following direction. :)

Jenn

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Depends on the recipe. With baking, and something very elaborate, I usually follow it word for word. If the recipe is quite simple, or something I have made before then I wing it.

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooooh! I love this! I like the addition of the salsa...for a little kick!

Eden said... Best Blogger Tips

Well...I'm a chef so I always change up recipes. Plus, I usually need to make a few substitutions. Although when it comes to baking, its pretty important to follow it to a T because its a science.

greekyogurt said... Best Blogger Tips

Everything looks delicious.

I have to admit I never follow recipes word for word :)
I improvise a lot!

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

I follow recipes word for word, unless I've used it before and want to try something different with it.