Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Taste of Home

A meal that reminds me of home is chicken cutlet. My mom used to make them once every other week, and I couldn't wait for chicken cutlet night. I wanted to make some for the hubby and I this week, but instead of frying them, I baked them in the oven for a healthier treat.

I took a little of this....



And a little of that.....



Coated the chicken and baked them for about 40 minutes.


Perfect!

My mom used to serve them with a salad and sometimes mashed potatoes. Me? I just stick with the salad when I make them because I'm too lazy to make the potatoes. haha.

Question of the Day:
What food reminds you of being back home?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

6 comments:

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

definitely tomato, basil, mozzarella salad. A summer staple at home!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

certain soups, cinnamon buns, and turkey dinner all remind me of my childhood at home.

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

This potato/egg/sausage burrito I make that my mom used to make - always takes me back!

The chicken looks great - smart to do a salad! :) Potatoes ARE too much work! haha

the actor's diet said... Best Blogger Tips

aw my momma used to make chicken cutlets all the time too. but her stir fries with chicken, baby corn, and straw mushrooms were my fave.

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't think I've ever had chicken cutlets. Your version looks wonderful :) Spaghetti and meatballs always remind me of my mom in the kitchen. I'm not even a meat lover, but her meatballs are the best!

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

I have missed your chicken recipes!!!! I am thankful to be be back blogging!!