Friday, July 9, 2010

Quick and Easy Bean Burritos

Happy Friday!

I'm hoping today will be a low key day at work. Since it's the summer, most of the people I work for are out of town and won't be in until the middle of next week. Ahhhh, to have that kind of lifestyle.....

When I saw this recipe for bean burritos, I knew I had to make it. Not only is it Weight Watchers friendly, but I already had most of the ingredients on hand. One of the best things about this recipe is that it doesn't involve heating up the oven, which was perfect considering the heat wave we've had this past week!

I started by sauteing some mixed veggies and onion in a pan.



While that was going, I prepared my burritos. I spread some fat free refried beans on the tortilla....


They never look appetizing, but they taste awesome!

Once the veggies were cooked, I added them on top on the beans and topped with a little bit of mozzarella cheese.


Roll 'em up and stick in the microwave for a few minutes until the cheese melts.


All rolled and ready to be heated!

I served these with a side of jambalaya rice. You can't beat a cheap Mexican meal that makes you feel satisfied when you are finished!

Question of the Day:
Do you like Mexican food? What's your favorite thing to eat?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

9 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Mexican food SO much ... especially if it has cilantro in it :-)

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Mexican! I'm all about the salsa. I'll eat (almost) anything with some salsa on it!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

I love you for posting this! I have been going crazy lately wanting a bean burrito but couldnt find one that wouldn't completely kill me calorie wise. Brilliantly delish! I am making these this weekend!

xo have a fabulous weekend gorgeous!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm so glad I could help :)

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

Mexican food is one of my favorites and I had a lot of bean burritos like that in the past month or so for lunches because they are so easy. I love the thought of adding the mixed veggies to them. Normally I just do the basics like onions and peppers.

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

I am all over those - sans the onions!

Chile rellenos (deep fried of course!) are my favorite - but I could seriously eat Mexican every single day and never get sick of it!

Julie @ Pickley Pear said... Best Blogger Tips

What kind of tortillas do you use? I could eat Mexican anyday of the week, I love it!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Julie - I use Aldi's high fiber tortillas. It's their knock off version of Flat Out Wraps.

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

Great looking burrito! I have a hard time with the refried beans, it's the texture...maybe I haven't had the right kind.