Friday, July 2, 2010

On The Cheap Week, Day 5!

Happy Friday! I'm so happy that we are at the end of the week! Does anyone else have off from work on Monday? It'll be nice to get some extra rest.

To finish off On The Cheap Week, I thought I'd end with a really cheap breakfast. I had some bananas that were so ripe they were almost inedible. Instead of throwing them in the trash, I cut them up and froze them. They are great for a snack, banana soft serve or smoothies! I took a few frozen bananas, some dry oatmeal (for staying power) and one cup of milk and threw it in a blender.

Yay for smoothies! My only issue with my smoothie? I didn't want to drink it in a glass. There's something about drinking my breakfast that makes me feel like I should be having something else with it.

The solution? Pour it in a bowl!


Banana smoothie goodness


Love the texture!

This was incredibly refreshing especially because it was so hot outside. It was the perfect thing to cool off, and it took me much longer to eat it with a spoon, which made me feel like I was eating a lot more.

Question of the Day:
Any fun weekend plans?

Tomorrow, I'm meeting up with my favorite sister-in-law (who's really more like my sister) for pedicures and lunch and Sunday I'm headed to my mom's house for a 4th of July BBQ.

To all my American readers:
Happy 4th of July!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

12 comments:

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Seriously I am such a loser for never making this! I must try it ASAP! I dont have a food processor just a blender, but I will attempt it any way!

xo

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Friday! I am meeting my Mom, brother and sister and their families and going to Taste of Chicago today - it's a gorgeous day outside too! :D

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I feel the same way about smoothies- I feel like drinking is not the same as eating.

Enjoy your weekend! I am mostly hanging out with friends!

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree that I need something to eat in addition to drinking a smoothie. Otherwise I just don't feel full.

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I feel the same way about smoothies! sometimes they taste better in a bowl =) like nice melted icecream =)


have a great 4th love!!!!!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said... Best Blogger Tips

Great blog! Found it through someone else's! Bananas in anything is amazing!!
I hope you're enjoying your long weekend! Check out my blog for my giveaway!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

That smoothie looks so good right now. It's like 95 degrees out here!

Happy 4th!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmm, I still have never had a smoothie in a bowl!!

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

Hope you had a great 4th of July weekend! We had visits from friends and family, outside all weekend. It was great.

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never added oatmeal to a smoothie before! What is the texture like? Hope you had a lovely weekend!

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said... Best Blogger Tips

Smoothies in a bowl beat a glass for me too. Especially if they're super thick.

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Meredith-it's a little gritty, but not in a bad way!