Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More Beans!

Thank you for all of your thoughtful comments on yesterday's post. There was no sign of the roofer yesterday, but we're crossing our fingers that he'll show up today since the rain seems to be holding off.

I've been doing really well with keeping the food budget down by eating more vegetarian meals with the occasional piece of chicken or beef. This recipe was simply delicious and filling, and even the hubby didn't miss the meat!

I mostly followed this recipe for Chipotle Bean Burritos.



The beans simmering in some water.

When all the ingredients were added, it looked something like this:

I probably should've stirred it before I took the picture. It tasted much more appetizing than it looks!

We put the bean mixture in a tortilla and topped with salsa and low fat sour cream. I'm definitely putting this into the meal rotation more often!

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite bean?

I love chickpeas the most, but kidney beans and black beans aren't too far behind!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

6 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Beans are amazingly delicious, just not gorgeous :) I know that mix was probably amazing. Mexican flavorings rock! Favorite bean- pinto...or black or chickpea....but probably pinto ;)

D. Pills said... Best Blogger Tips

beans are very delicious i loked them alot this is one of my favourite dishes it seriously amazing eating beans seriously helps in controlling weight it helps one to improve its immunity

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love pinto beans, and white kidney beans ... I love all beans!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I love most beans as well! I prefer black beans, but garbanzos have my heart since that's what feeds my hummus addiction!

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

I love beans! I wish my husband would eat them more. You really can make such delicious meals with them. I think my favorites are kidney and black beans.

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

I can't get enough beans! I guess black beans... but I love kidney and cannellni! (spelled wrong!)