Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Is It Worth It?

Happy Wednesday!

I received a coupon from Kraft's First Taste Program for DiGiorno's 200 calorie portion pizza. I know, I know, it's prepackaged and has a lot of ingredients that I can't pronounce, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. I love the convenience of prepackaged foods, and sometimes it takes the hassle out of thinking about what to make for dinner.



200 calories for pepperoni pizza!

I literally laughed when I opened up the container and saw the size of the pizzas. They were your typical run of the mill frozen type of pizzas. The hubby and I split the package for lunch. Thank goodness I had something else to eat besides this!



I couldn't believe one slice of this pizza was 200 calories and 9 grams of fat. Worth it? Not at all! I mean, it didn't taste terrible, but I know I could've made my own pizza with a light wrap, cheese and veggies and would have been more satisfied. Convenience comes with a price, right?

Question of the Day:
Are convenience foods ever worth it?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

10 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

What a bummer!!!!!!!!I think Amy's & gardein have some worthwhile frozen products...other than that....not a lot of good frozen stuff! Always better to just cook when you have time and freeze your own individual portions- IMO!

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

Dissapointing, but worth a shot! You'd never know if you hadn't tried it.
I think sometimes convinience food is worth it. Depending on the food, and the time you have to make it, it has to be in rotation at some point.

sophia said... Best Blogger Tips

Ew. Frozen pizzas are almost never worth it. I prefer to make my own!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

ugh that sucks! they look like school pizza lol

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Convenience foods are occasionally worth it. For instance I LOVE Ristorante spinach pizzas, but the calories and fat is a little high. I eat them anyway :-)

That pizza doesn't look very good though!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

I like Annie's dinners, especially the Indian ones. But they're more like 450-500 calories.

It's one of those, "If it sounds too good to be true...chances are it is." huh? :)

BusyB said... Best Blogger Tips

i dont like when that happens! that is a bummer!!!! but at least you gave it a try! : )

Amanda-The Nutritionist Reviews said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't think 200 calories is too bad for one of those but the flavor is too mild to be satisfying. Just found your blog and am your newest follower :) Please check out my blog too!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Definitely trade-offs between making it yourself and just picking things up!

I am big on pre-made hummus, salsa, and guac. Other items usually disappointment me, so I try to make them.

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Yeah I tried that pizza at the beginning of the year. Definitely not worth it at all. Some of those frozen meals really kick our booties with the amount of calories it sucks.

xo