Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cottage Cheese and Pasta

When it rains, it pours, right? No pun intended, since it literally is pouring outside. Last night the hubby and I realized two things:
  1. The ceiling in the baby's room is leaking.
  2. The brand new bureau that we have for the baby came with a nicked front and split foot.

Since there was nothing we could do about either situation last night, we had to wait until this morning to call the roofer and the manufacturer of the crib. I scored with the manufacturer-they are sending out replacement parts for the damaged parts. The roofer? Well, they'll be out when it's not raining to check out the roof. I'm hoping that the next few days stay dry, but it's not looking so promising!

Okay, sorry, I just had to get that out. No use stressing when there's nothing I can do but wait, right?

In the meantime, the perfect comfort food at a time like this is pasta. A friend of mine recommended this concoction, and even though I was skeptical, I'm glad I tried it.

I first started by sauteing onions in a pan while I had the pasta boiling.


Don't mind me - I've been on an onion kick since I bought a big bag at the store two weeks ago. Feel free to omit, if you'd like!

After the pasta was done cooking, I poured some cottage cheese on top and stirred until it was all mixed.



Keep stirring at this point until it melts a little bit more.


Close up!

The hubby and I LOVED this. I don't think he was too fond of onions in his pasta, so he picked a lot of them out. Me? I ate it like it was going out of style. When my friend makes this, she uses bow tie pasta, but all I had in the house was whole wheat. It still worked well!

Question of the Day:
What's the weirdest thing you've ever added to pasta?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

12 comments:

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

oh no! Hate that about the ceiling and the furniture - boo!

the pasta, on the other hand, looks excellent - i've never had cottage cheese - true story!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Damn I hope everything works out...I used to have horrible leaks in my old apartment!

Hmm does PB count? lol

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, Mari! Yes, PB counts-I've never tried PB on my pasta, but I hear it's so good!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love onions in pasta, but I have never had cottage cheese in any pasta other than lasagna. I bet it would be great!!

Oh oh, a leaking ceiling isn't good :-( In need of new shingles?

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Jolene-I know the roof needs to be recoated, but other than that, I'm lost.

Julie @ Pickley Pear said... Best Blogger Tips

Cottage cheese is basically ricotta, right?! I'd add some chicken and asparagus to it to give a bit more protein and color - so easy!!

Good luck with the roof...what a pain in the butt!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Julie-cottage cheese has a different texture, but it's sort of similar to ricotta cheese.

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

oh good luck with the ceiling! that sucks! i cant think of any weird pasta dishes... but im sure there have been some! lol

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

I love cottage cheese in pasta. I usually use cottage cheese for stuffed shells or lasagna in addition to ricotta. Yum!

Good luck with the repairs. There's never a good time for leaky roofs or broken furniture.

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

Okay, so that is the weirdest combo I've seen on pasta - although I do use cottage cheese when I make lasagna, so kinda the same thing!

Hope the roof gets fixed quick! :D

the actor's diet said... Best Blogger Tips

mmmm cottage cheese and pasta sounds divine (i use it in my lasagna). i've added cabbage to my pasta for extra bulk; it's so neutral it tastes great.

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

So sorry to hear about the ceiling- hopefully it will get taken care of soon and you can go back to nesting:)

I have no idea what the strangest thing I had in pasta was...I've had lots! Maybe dried fruit?