Friday, July 23, 2010

Breakfast Options

Happy Friday! I'm so excited for this weekend! My mom is throwing me a baby shower, and I can't wait to tell you all about it. I have to say that I'm really thankful that this baby shower isn't a surprise. It makes everything much more relaxed.

How do you decide what you want to eat for breakfast? For me, especially in the summer, it's a challenge. The wintertime is best for oatmeal with a banana and mug of coffee. It's the only breakfast that keeps me full until lunchtime.

Yum!

I used to be able to tolerate it during the summer months, but for some reason, I can't get into it this summer. No matter how cool it is inside the house, I can't stomach hot oatmeal in the summer.


Sure, I've tried other things, like breakfast cookies...


Green smoothies......

These are awesome, by the way!


....and bagels with peanut butter and bananas, but nothing seems to do the "oatmeal trick."


Even though these breakfasts keep me full for a little while, I still find myself hungry a few hours later. What's the deal?

The only other breakfast that fills me up like oatmeal are eggs and hash browns.....but I usually make them for dinner on the weekends because my mornings are so rushed during the week.

I think I could go for some eggs right about now!

Question of the Day:

What breakfast food keeps you full until lunch?

Until next time!

~Anne Marie



7 comments:

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

Casseroles! B-fast casseroles keep me full like no other! Ones with sausage more so than ones with turkey bacon. And eggs rock! Cereal doesn't hold for me at all. :(

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree! Oats and I in the summer just don't mesh well most mornings. I need to give a breakfast cookie a go...they always look soooo good!

Eggs and toast are always filling for me :)

Can't wait to hear about the baby shower!!!! :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Vegan overnight oats do the trick for me, and they are so summery layered with banana soft serve. It is like a dessert!!

the actor's diet said... Best Blogger Tips

eggs really do a good job of holding me over - savory breakfasts, in general, are very filling.

Janna (Just Flourishing) said... Best Blogger Tips

Loaded oats always keep me full! I need to have carbs, protein and fat. Otherwise I'm hungry VERY soon after!

kyree90 said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm not a fan of hot oatmeal no matter what the time of year, but Tina over at Carrots N Cake turned me onto Overnight Oats ... oats mixed with dried fruit, nuts, some kind of liquid and (the next morning) a spoonful of PB. You eat them cold, and they're delicious. My favorite combo is Craisins and almond milk.

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

the bagel looks especially amazing! Yum!

xo