Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Little Too Much Rice

Happy Wednesday!

I hope your week is treating you well! I had a box of brown rice hanging out in my cabinet, and when I saw this recipe, I thought I'd try it out. I wanted it to last us for a few days, so I doubled the recipe.

All was going according to plan except that when I poured in the rice, I realized that:

1. there was way more rice than the recipe called for
2. the pan I used was way too small.


See what I mean?


I kept going though, and poured the rice, ground turkey and broccoli mixture into a casserole dish....



Topped with some cheese and baked for 25 minutes.



Have I mentioned how much I love casseroles?


Bad lighting in this pic, but you get the idea!

Regardless of how much brown rice there was, it still made for a great casserole. It certainly was filling! I think the next time I make this, I'll add some more spices because it was a little bland.

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite type of rice?

I love almost all rice, but brown rice is my fav!

Until next time!

~Anne Marie

6 comments:

BusyB said... Best Blogger Tips

hahah that is great! i did that once with noodles : ) looks like it turned out good though!!!!!!!!


Cheers! and Good luck with the giveaway : )

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love brown rice, but my fave is sticky rice because I can eat it with chopsticks :-)

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

I really love brown rice and wild rice. I'm actually using a mix of those in a recipe tonight come to think of it.

And casseroles are my best friend.

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks pretty fabulous! I might have to try this soon!

xo

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

Brown rice is my favorite too. Although, I do love clumpy Japanese white rice. The casserole looks great...good thinking!

the actor's diet said... Best Blogger Tips

brown rice all the way!!!