Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Best Stuff Ever

A number of you commented on yesterday's post that you love stuffed tomatoes. I've never heard of stuffed tomatoes before....what do you stuff them with? Anyone have any recipes? I'm intrigued!

I have a habit of over using phrases that don't mean exactly what I'm trying to say. For example, if someone tells me they tripped and fell, I typically respond with "that's the worst!" when really, there's far worse things in life that happen all the time.

When I say that this stuff is the best stuff ever, though, I really mean that it's pretty darn close to being, quite literally, the best stuff ever.

I really wanted some ice cream last night and I had two options: a 40 calorie puny fudge pop or some of the hubby's full fat stuff. While the full fat stuff was calling my name, I knew that there was no way I would stop at eating one serving. My eyes roamed the freezer until I found exactly what I was looking for....frozen bananas.

When my bananas start going bad, I chop them up and put them in the freezer to use for smoothies, a cold treat, etc. Last night, I decided to use it to make banana soft serve. I dumped the frozen bananas, that puny fudge pop (thinking it would give it a chocolate flavor) and some milk in a blender and whipped up this batch of wonderfulness.



Amazing.



Close up.

I love the consistency of the banana soft serve. It truly tastes like soft serve ice cream without the guilt of the full fat stuff. I think I need to start buying overripe bananas for this specific reason!

Question of the Day:
What, in your opinion, is the best stuff ever?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

9 comments:

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

"that's the worst" haha I know what you mean! It's like well... not really... but still - i'm sorry! :)

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

Anything with cheese and/or Tabasco is the best over!!

Love your soft serve!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Cilantro is the best stuff ever!! And coconut!!

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

I still haven't tried banana soft serve. And salsa is the best stuff ever! Or pizza. LOL

Jenn@slim-shoppin said... Best Blogger Tips

I've made that kind of soft serve before with frozen bananas, it's so good and it gives you room to put some toppings on it!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

hahaha I totally know what you mean. I have a tendency to exaggerate with numbers. Like...Its a 155 degrees outside ....I think it drives josh a little nutso. Tomatoes stuffed with rice or couscous and other veggies is awesome! Yummy soft serve

Tanya's Daily Product Reveiws said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree it is.

the actor's diet said... Best Blogger Tips

i've had stuffed tomatoes with rice and beans, and also bread crumbs/parm, and sometimes ground beef.

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

I just got a new food processor and am excited to trry making banana soft serve. I've ised my magic bullet, but it really is just not powerful enough to do it justice. Great way to meet a craving :)