Friday, June 18, 2010

Trying it Again

Growing up, one of the meals we ate on a semi-regular basis was pork. Not only is it a lean cut of meat, but you can often get a good deal when it's on sale. When the husband and I were dating, I made a pork dish for him once and, even though he didn't complain, I could tell that it wasn't his cup of tea.

Flash forward a few years later, and I decided to try it again. I bought a package of boneless pork chops and decided that the best way to cook it was to bread it and bake it just like chicken cutlet.


The breadcrumb and egg dipping bowls.

I coated the pork chops and laid them out in a pan.


I baked them for about 20 minutes or so because they were so tiny.


Served with jambalaya rice!

The husband really enjoyed this meal and requested that we eat it more often. Score one for me! I guess when all else fails, try things again with a different twist!

Question of the Day:
Any fun weekend plans?

For once, I don't have too much going on this weekend. I'm hoping to get some R&R!

Until next time!

~Anne Marie

8 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad the man liked it! Looks like it turned out great! Enjoy your R&R. I have to teach, hanging out with friends, and daddys day bbq!~

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

It's amazing what a few different ingredients can do to change a meal!! Glad this time around it worked. As for the weekend ... coaching clients and more packing to do!!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

This weekend my hubby is running a triathlon and I am going to cheer him on!!!

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

My husband would love that dinner too. Glad it came out so well.

Enjoy your unscheduled weekend. I have lots of studying to do and moving day is fast approaching so there will be some packing too.

the actor's diet said... Best Blogger Tips

i haven't had pork chops in forever! they look terrific. i'm in san fran, shooting a movie this weekend! fun stuff.

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said... Best Blogger Tips

I can't even remember the last time I had pork chops. These look great! We spent yesterday car shopping. Hopefully today we'll just hang out!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks like that turned out absolutely fabulous! Yum!

xo enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

We ate a lot of pork growing up too. My husband told me when we first started dating that he didnt like pork. Now he does. he didn't ever have someone cook him a good cut, without overdoing it. It can be so chewy and unappetizing if not cooked well. I do stick to better cuts, for this reason.