Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!

I'm gonna cut right to it - today, I'm thankful for making good choices. People ask me what I crave most while being pregnant, and the answer really is nothing too out of the ordinary. During the first three months, all I wanted were carbs to keep my tummy from getting too upset. I have found myself wanting ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate, but I always want those things, and can't really attribute them to pregnancy.

Well, that all took a turn the last two weeks, when I've been having one thing on my mind.....


[Source]
A cheesesteak hoagie.

I normally don't crave cheesesteaks, but that's all I've been wanting lately. Today, I'm thankful that I made the choice to pack my lunch instead of walk to the nearest lunch truck to buy a cheesesteak. Now, don't get me wrong, I know that I'll eventually eat the cheesesteak that I've been craving, but today is not the day. Today, I'm choosing to put good foods into my body for the sake of the baby.

Tomorrow? Well, that might be another story!

Question of the Day;
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

P.S. I'm taking the day off from blogging tomorrow. I have to get a routine glucose test in the morning and then the hubby and I have some plans to attend to. I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

13 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Yums that sammie made me drool!Kudos to you for fighting the urge...one day at a time =)

Today I am thankful for my yoga pants that make 90 degree weather much more tolerable!

Have a great weekend honey

Ali said... Best Blogger Tips

Good luck on your labwork tomorrow and enjoy the mini-break from blog world!

BusyB said... Best Blogger Tips

oh the joy of being pregnant! ;) you can get away with it now lol! YUM!

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

i find pregnancy cravings so funny!

I'm thankful for great friends and my almost birthday!

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't had a cheesesteak in awhile, they're definitely one of my favorites!

I'm thankful that it just cooled down when it started raining. Simple things. :)

Jenn

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't had a cheesesteak in forever! I'm thankful for fro yo today. I know that sounds silly, but its so hot here right now and I love fro yo. P and I have a date for some tonight!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm thankful for the black and white cookies my boss brought in today. It was a nice morning surprise :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful that it is the last day of school!!! Hello summer holidays!!

Julie @ Pickley Pear said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum, cheesesteak hoagies! They are so good and I rarely eat them!

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm thankful that the weekend went so well and that my grandma was well enough to visit us for the first time in 4 years.
My cravings have been pretty much under control too, a few weeks at the beginning I couldn't stop eating chocolate, and every few weeks I need ketchup chips, but that also may be just me, not the pregnancy.

Erin at Thehealthyapron said... Best Blogger Tips

I am so thankful for my wonderful husband!
Good job avoiding the cheese steak but you can always try to make a healthier home version!! It's better to satisfy then deny because like you said...you'll eventually cave!

Lindsey said... Best Blogger Tips

You're blog rocks my socks. Following you now!

the actor's diet said... Best Blogger Tips

oh i'm REALLY craving a cheesesteak hoagie now! wish i was in philly!