Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I can't believe we're at a Thankful Thursday post already! I guess that's what happens between short weeks and forgetting your USB cord. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE short weeks? I think work places should give us three day weekends more often.

Today, I am thankful for old friendships.


Me and Ali at My Best Friend's Wedding

Ali and I met in high school. She was a year behind my best friend and I, but from the moment we met, we really hit it off. About 6 years ago, Ali moved to Kansas to be with her family. Last Saturday was the first time I had seen her in 6 years!! I couldn't believe how quickly the time had passed, but it was amazing to pick up right where we left off. Ali is such an inspirational person, and she has a great head on her shoulders. It's times like these that make me thankful for the friendships in my life. I miss her so much already, and it's only been a few days since I've seen her!

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

8 comments:

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

i'm thankful for the many opportunities that have come my way in the last couple of weeks. makes decisions hard, but it's better than having no options!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

aw I love old friends! Today i'm thankful for my family - Thursdays are great - we're all working but we're home together!

Veggies, Cake & Cocktails said... Best Blogger Tips

At this very moment I'm thankful for coffee!!!
In all seriousness, I'm thankful for my sisters. We've been through some tough stuff in the last couple months but our bond just grows stronger.

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful for things happening for a reason...you might not know it at the time but usually it all works out =)

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Long distance friendships are tough. But I love how whenever you do get back together it's usually like you were never apart. I'm thankful for my best friend from college, who is 6 hours away from me right now!

lynn @ the actors diet said... Best Blogger Tips

i'm thankful that things are pretty stress free right now - for a while it was one thing after another!

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

That's a real friend...when you can pick up where you left off after years apart.

I am thankful that my hubby's home between business trips :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful to be in a beautiful hotel, going to a wedding today for the hubby's cousin.