Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Spaghetti Pizza

Spaghetti and pizza....two of my favorite things in the world. When I found a recipe for spaghetti pizza, I knew I had to make it fast!

I started off with a box of whole wheat spaghetti strands that I had broken up and cooked in a pot. While that was cooking, I mixed together some mozzarella cheese, two egg whites, one egg and some seasoning.


I may have gone a little overboard on the seasoning.

After the spaghetti was cooked, I mixed the egg/egg white mixture and the spaghetti together, making sure that everything was coated. Next, I put it in a 9x13 pan.



It baked in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.

After it was done, I turned the oven down to 350 degrees, poured some marinara sauce on top and added more mozzarella cheese.


Baked for another 30 minutes.

After it was finished, it looked like this:


Amazing, no?

The recipe called for 2 ounces of pepperoni, but I omitted it. Next time, I'll give it a try with the pepperoni.


The husband's piece.

Oh my goodness was this amazing. I can't believe that this was a Weight Watchers recipe....not that they don't normally taste good, but I was seriously impressed with this one! I'm normally used to baked ziti, and this was such a nice change from the "normal" stuff. I'll definitely be making this again!

Question of the Day:
What are some of your favorite foods?

Until next time!

~Anne Marie









13 comments:

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

That's an amazing recipe! It would be a huge hit at my house.

Samantha said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, that looks delicious! And its a WW recipe? My fiance loves spaghetti and would probably really enjoy this!

YOURuniqueyouMYuniqueme said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never heard of spaghetti pizza but its something I need to try..looks amazing! I love potatoes, chicken, pizza and spaghetti are on my list too!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

That picture reminds me of a spaghetti quiche I made once, and it looks DELICIOUS!!!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

This looks awesome! I thought maybe it would fall apart out of the pan, but it looks like the spaghetti really stuck together so it was more like an actual slice of pizza! Excellent! :)

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Omg, that is a genius idea! I'm definitely making this!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

This looks really good- I bet it would be a husband and kid pleaser too!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Dang that looks absolutely delish! I must make it!

xo

BusyB said... Best Blogger Tips

hmmm that sounds gross to be honest... but after i saw the picture and heard how its made... I think i just will give it a try! Hope family likes it!! thanks!!!!

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this dish! I call it spaghetti pie instead of pizza, but its the same thing. I love it!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Pasta and pizza are in my top 5!!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

ooh I want to try this!! Love the sound of the recipe for sure!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Drool! Deliciousness. This looks so freaking good. Pasta, cheese, sauce? Can't go wrong!