Monday, June 14, 2010

Really Cookin' Week

Happy (muggy) Monday! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. Here we are at another work week!

I'm not sure what got into me this weekend when I decided to make meals, but I thought it was time to "really" cook in the kitchen. By this, I mean doing all the chopping, dicing, dirtying dishes....all the things that make a cooking experience worthwhile. You know what I mean....when, at the end of the making all the meals, your sink looks like this.

Lately, I've been stuck in a rut of turning out fast meals and throwing together "this and that" for lunch. While it's been working and has been saving me time, part of me misses the messy sink. There's something about preparing your food, actually doing the chopping, sauteing, etc. that makes me feel like I'm doing something good for myself, the baby on the way and the husband. This week, you'll see lots and lots of "real" cooking.

Before I started the blog, I had a habit of chopping up a bunch of peppers, adding some hot sauce, and throwing it all together in a wrap for lunch. I'm so glad that I've gotten a craving for this again because not only is it healthy, but it's filling, and I love it.

This time, I thought I'd vary up the ingredients a little bit and make it even better.


Two peppers, a can of black beans, zucchini and a tomato.

I chopped everything up except the tomato and cooked it in a pan until the veggies were soft. At that point, I added a ton of hot sauce and the tomatoes and cooked them down for a few minutes.


Not the most appetizing picture, but I promise, it tastes awesome!

I usually use red and yellow peppers to make it prettier, but green peppers were all I had on hand, and it worked out well.

Question of the Day:
What's a typical lunch for you?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

There is nothing like cooked peppers...onions...tomatoes...any veggie ;) I love that you added the black beans for protein too. My typical lunches are big salads with vegetables, beans, sometimes cheese and usually fruit and yogurt on the side.

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said... Best Blogger Tips

Can't go wrong with sauteed peppers and onions. They make sure such a satisfying meal!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

It's definitely muggy today! love sauteed peppers and onions... yum!

Have a fabulous Monday!

xo

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

I think it looks great! I love cooked pepper and onions! My lunch is always leftovers...love leftovers!

She-Fit said... Best Blogger Tips

Sauteed onions and peppers are my favorite... great choice! My typical lunch includes a few hard boiled egg whites , boca patty over spinach and yogurt or popchips.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

A typical lunch for me is leftovers from the night before ... I love having leftovers!

the actor's diet said... Best Blogger Tips

i have salad or a sandwich for lunch almost every single day!