Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Nature's Pride Whole Wheat Rolls

Happy Wednesday!

As part of Foodbuzz's Tastemaker Program, I was sent some hamburger and sandwich buns to review.

Since the hubby and I have only tried the 100% whole wheat bakery buns, I thought I'd start with that and keep the reviews coming with the other two buns when we've eaten them.

Looks yummy!

The first thing the husband and I commented on was the size of the buns. They are huge compared to a regular sized hamburger bun.

See what I mean?
What I loved about these right off the bat was the ingredients and the fact that they have 36 grams of whole grains per serving. The hubby and I used Boca Burgers to test out the bun. What we noticed was that there was a really wholesome taste to them. The rolls tasted incredibly fresh (even though we took them out of the freezer) and were very filling. The best part was that the roll lasted until the very last bite. The husband always complains that with regular sized hamburger buns, he's constantly pushing the burger upwards to match up with the bun because the bun slides all over the place. I know that sounds weird, but I know that someone has to understand what I'm talking about!
I would love to find them in stores and buy them, but my thought is that they are probably on the expensive side. I'll definitely keep my eyes out for when they are on sale!
Question of the Day:
Hamburgers or hot dogs? If you're vegan or vegetarian, do you prefer a veggie dog or a veggie burger?
Until next time!
~Anne Marie


11 comments:

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

I might have to give those a try. I am a hamburger fan when it's tomato season or the middle of winter I usually get a craving lol. Hot dogs I only eat when i'm in Michigan as they have a law about what can go in them. In PA where I am now I was looking at a package of hot dogs and it said may contain gizzards, intestines, tongues I about threw up.

xo

Tricia said... Best Blogger Tips

Veggie burgers for me. :)

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

i got those in the mail too! Not bad, but not perfect either.

Im a fan of veggie burgers, but no freaky stuff! I want to see all natural ingredients if Im using any substitute product!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I love turkey burgers or veggie burgers. I do have a strict rule that I can't eat fake meat stuff, so it can't pretend to be a real burger or hot dog.

I totally know how your husband feels- I need my burger to line up!

BusyB said... Best Blogger Tips

I am not a veggie... but I love veggie burgers the best :)!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

If I'm out, I probably prefer a hot dog. But at home, a burger. I guess sometimes I just crave a good Chicago-style hot dog! At home we usually have organic turkey dogs or Morning Star Farms dogs, or grass-fed, lean burgers. Love'em!

the actor's diet said... Best Blogger Tips

i'm a hamburger girl all the way!!!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Ohhh I got these two! they are stting in my freezer...I cant wait to try my veggie "buffalo wings" in the WW buns!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Hard question!! I love both! I especially like them with the uber thin buns.

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

I will keep an eye out too. Those look like good, hearty rolls.

I love veggie burgers. Dr. Praggers are my favorite :)

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

I love a hot dog, but will choose a burger over it most days. I haven't had a real hot dog in a few years, but Yves veggie dogs I eat quite frequently. My burgers are mostly homemade.