Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Meatloaf Days

I won't deny it....I love meatloaf. I don't know what it is, but it's something that I really enjoy. I remember growing up and hating meatloaf night, but I guess my taste buds have changed since then.

I use ground turkey instead of ground beef and I use oatmeal instead of breadcrumbs. It sounds weird, I know, but it's a good way to cut the fat without sacrificing the taste.

My favorite part of making meatloaf? Mixing the ingredients with my hands. What can I say? I'm strange, I know!

After the meatloaf is done baking, it should look something like this:

See the pieces of oatmeal? I swear, you can't taste them!

Question of the Day:

Is there something you didn't like as a kid but enjoy now?

Until next time!

~Anne Marie

6 comments:

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Very interesting. I would have never of thought to do that. Interesting idea though I may have to try it if you say it's not completely gross. I hated mushrooms and spaghetti with a passion as a kid. I dont love mushrooms now but I like them enough to eat them. I also now eat spaghetti with no meat in it and with bigger noodles. So i'm still a pain in the booty lol.

xo

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Fantastic! I usually use a combo of oatmeal and bread crumbs (or panko) when I make Josh meatloaf. I don't think you're odd :) I used to hate both peas and peppers when I was little and now I love them!!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

I was the same way with meatloaf - hated it as a kid and love it now. My husband, however, is yet to see the meatloaf light. I'm workin' on him! It looks WONDERFUL!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I never liked cinnamon or peanut butter as a kid. Strange, right? Now I clearly eat them all the time!

Hope you and baby are doing well!

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said... Best Blogger Tips

I've always loved meat loaf and I definitely don't make it often enough. When I was a kid I didn't like bananas or hot dogs. How weird is that?? Of course I'll eat either of those now!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I absolutely LOVE meatloaf. I used to hate olives and shrimp as a kid, and now I love both.