Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm Done!

Done what, you may ask? School for the semester! YAY! I just submitted my final exam a few minutes ago and already feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Now all I have to do is sit back and wait for my grades. Since the baby is coming in September, I decided not to take any summer classes and just enjoy this time as much as possible.

Something I'm not done with yet is this batch of chili sitting in my fridge. The hubby and I are having it for dinner, and I'm thinking we'll finish it up by tonight.

In the mix went cooked extra leaned ground turkey, a bag of thawed peppers and onions, two cans of kidney beans, two big cans of crushed tomatoes and tons of seasonings!

I tried to get an up close shot but it just came out blurry.
Even though it's so hot outside, I still like warm, comforting meals in the comfort of my air conditioned house.
Question of the Day:
Do you eat hot food when it's hot outside?
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

13 comments:

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

Great on being finished school! HOORAY! I can not wait until your baby is born and for the exciting posts you'll have!
We do eat some hot food in the summer, but a lot more salad and cold food. I've been splurging on iced decaf lattes at Sarbucks lately.

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay for being done for the summer! ...and closer to baby's arrival :)

I eat hot food when it's hot out, but I do hate heating up the house with the oven. I try to avoid that.

Happy Friday!

Veggies, Cake & Cocktails said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh yeah, I eat hot food in the summer. I just don't like to eat it outside. But in the comfort of air conditioning I'm all about the hot foods!

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said... Best Blogger Tips

I eat hot foods in the summer for sure! Sometimes there is nothing like a big bowl of chili or black bean soup. Good stuff for the soul!

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on finishing the semester!! I always eat hot foods and cold foods regardless of temperature. Ice cold things in winter, piping hot plates in summer. It's crazy

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on finishing up!

I tend to avoid soup in the summer but I view chili as a summer food for some reason!

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

Yeah! Congratulations :)

I am taking 2 summer classes, one now and then another when this one ends. I also have one more class to take in the fall so that I can apply to the program I want in January. I hate having a deadline (January) for getting my prerequisites done because its going to be really tough in the fall with the baby arrives.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I definitely eat hot food when it is hot outside :-)

CONGRATS on being done for the semester - that is such a good feeling!!!!!!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on being done- I'm in school year round but am done forever in September. Yay!

I eat hot food year round because I spend most of my waking hours in my office- which is air conditioned so it doesn't matter:)

I saw your pictures from the wedding and you look so cute- such a cute pregnant lady!

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

OMG, I have been so busy lately & haven't read any blogs in SO long I didn't realize you were PREGO!! CONGRATS!! Wishing you a pregnancy filled with happiness!

Julie @ Pickley Pear said... Best Blogger Tips

I eat anything anytime! The chili looks great. Mac and cheese when it's warm is always fun too!

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on being done for the summer!!!! I can't believe how fast time is passing. I bet you can't either though. ;)

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

YAY!!!!! time if flying by...I can't believe you are due in September =) how exciting!