Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Done Differently

Happy Wednesday! I can't believe we're half way through the work week already. That's so exciting!

If you've been reading the blog for some time, you'll notice that I tend to repeat meals a lot. Before the blog started, I actually cooked on a two week rotation schedule, which made things much easier. The hubby and I have been going back and forth about resurrecting the two week meal plan when the baby gets here, but I have yet to commit to anything.

Last night's meal, although it was a repeat, was cooked differently. Sometimes I like to try old favorites a different way, and this was exactly what happened when I made buffalo chicken.

Usually, I combine fat free blue cheese and hot sauce, pour it over the chicken and bake it. While this is a good method, I found that the sauce is too runny and doesn't stick to the chicken.

I decided that this time, I would bake the chicken sans sauce and add it at the end, when it was ready to be stored in the fridge.

The result?



Perfectly coated, thick sauced buffalo chicken. It rocked!

Question of the Day:
Do you plan your meals for the week 0r cook whatever you feel like eating that day? If it's the latter, how do you grocery shop without knowing what you'll want?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

6 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Yayy! I love when I try re-doing a recipe and it comes out even better. I am DEFINITELY a planner. Since I teach a lot at night after regular work, it would be hard for me to cook just on the fly!

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

I ALWAYS plan out our weekly meals. I find it is easier to shop and it saves money for not buying a bunch of ingredients you might not get to.

And for the record - the two week meal rotation is a golden idea for the first 6 weeks post baby. We did that too and it saved me some sanity. But keep it open, because you will likely have some people bringing you meals as well. That is the absolute BEST!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Right now I don't plan my meals but once I get a set schedule I will. I like to pick out new recipes, get all the ingredients, and just make a new dish every night!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

wow that chicken looks fantastic!! I'm like Eric - i'm definitely a planner! I just can't do it on the fly at all - I know it would turn into ordering in pizza every day!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

We usually plan our meals for the week ... but we have been so busy lately, so it is been more on the fly for the past couple months.

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) said... Best Blogger Tips

I do a little of both. Sometimes I'll plan a whole week of menus, other times I'll be completely spontaneous. Either way I usually end up overbuying at the store, lol.

Jenn