Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cheap Week, Day 2

I loved reading about how you stay in budget in yesterday's post. There were some really great suggestions offered-thank you!

I talked to the husband yesterday about making more vegetarian meals and he thought it would be a great idea to help keep us on budget. Life is so much easier when he's on board with my thinking!

Of course, one of the first things he asked was if we could make more pasta during the week. I was one step ahead of him and told him that baked ziti was on our menu this week.


Pasta=love in my family.



Yum!

I'm going to have to branch out and make other pasta recipes besides baked ziti. Variety is the spice of life, right?

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite pasta dish! Ideas and recipes appreciated!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

10 comments:

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow that looks absolutely divine! Yum!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love good 'ole fashioned spaghetti and meatballs!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Love all the veggie love in here- it's cheap and delish!

Have you ever had asian-inspired pasta dishes? You can do a buckwheat noodle or whole wheat one and add a peanut sauce, scallions, veggies, and toss it all together to eat hot or cold.

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never had asian-inspired pasta dishes, but it sounds good!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Hooray for veggie dishes! My favorite pasta dishes are simple simple with lots of added veggies.

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

http://itzyskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/01/another-lighter-pasta-cauliflower.html

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Damn Mansana stole my comment! I love making asian inspired pasta!!!

Why don't you try making a veggie lasagna! I am being selfish because I am looking for a recipe and this way I can steal yours lol

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I love pasta! It's definitely the best way to eat on a budget. :)

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

Lasagna! You could do vegetarian with veggies in season -- zucchini, squash, etc! MMmmm!

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

Pasta is such a perfect cheapo, delicious, and easy dinner! I love having basic pasta with sauce, but adding extra mushrooms, zucchini, squash, onion, tomato, bell peppers, etc to it. Mmmm!