Monday, May 10, 2010

What's Cooking: Eric's Grill

Happy Monday!

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend! The hubby and I spent Mother's Day with his mom in the morning and my mom in the evening. We had a lot of fun spending time with our moms.

I was all set to do a post on what we ate, but that will have to wait.....I got an e-mail from my brother Eric with some pictures and an idea.

He wasn't able to make my mom's dinner last night, so instead, he snapped pictures of what he made and sent them on over to me. I couldn't decide which pictures to use, so I put them all in here-they were just too pretty not to include them all!

He made veggies and shish kabobs on the grill.


Veggies on the left, shish kabobs on the right. Is it just me, or do you love the shish kabob holders? They rock!



Left side

Full shot



Right side

From another view.
Eric told me that he made the kabobs with chicken, eggplant, yellow, red and green peppers, onions and squash. So, not only was this an "awesome" meal as he put it, but it is also a very healthy way to get in your veggies!

Eric, any time you want to make your favorite sister the above shish kabobs, let me know. :)
Thanks for sharing your pictures!


I mentioned above that Eric made a suggestion, and one that I really like. He thought it would be a good idea to make a post a week dedicated to what other people (bloggers or non bloggers) are making. If you are interested, e-mail me (abinns3142@aol.com) the food pictures, what it is that you made and a recipe if you have one. I think this is a great idea to see what others are cooking in their kitchens.

Question of the Day:
Do you grill?


Until next time!

~Anne Marie

10 comments:

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

Kabob holders?? I had no idea those even existed!

I think the blog idea is great! And just think, next year will be your first Momma Day! :D

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Great idea! I would love to send you some pictures- how fun!

Happy Mother's Day too future mama!

Tracey said... Best Blogger Tips

I love grilling. However, my grill has been out of service for a couple months so my husband need to fix it up so we can start grillin!
He makes these great grilled onions!

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

What fun! I love grilling, but we have lived in an apartment this past year and have really missed grilling. Wejust bought a house and buying a grill for the back yard is on the top of our shopping list when we move.

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

I have never those Kabob tools!! Looks like they make the perfect Kabobs, and all the veggies on it sound delish!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Those kebob holders are awesome! We never bought gas for our grill last summer but I'm going to make sure to get it this year because I bought veggie grill baskets :)

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

That's a great idea! I will have to submit something!

I definitely grill...easy, quick, and little clean up involved :) Tasty, too..of course :)

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I definitely grill ... but we call it BBQ when it is done outside.

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

We do grill, but nothing too fancy. Burgers, chicken, pork...
Your bbq dinner looks awesome!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum! I wish we had a grill! We haven't been able to find one for the balcony yet!

xo