Monday, May 24, 2010

An Ode to Sauces

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. Mine was pretty relaxing, which is always a positive thing!

One thing that makes my cooking easier and tastier is the use of sauces. Today, I'd like to highlight a few of my favorite.


General Tsao's Sauce

While it doesn't taste exactly like the take out I love, it's a great substitute for when I feel like making Chinese food at home.

Next up is olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It makes a wonderful marinade as well as an awesome salad dressing!



BBQ sauce-how could I have a list of my favorite sauces without this on it!

A new favorite of mine-salsa mixed with brown sugar and a tbsp of mustard. This sauce is one of my favorites!

Sauces are so versatile and make my cooking experiences more fun.
Question of the Day:
What's your favorite sauce?
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

11 comments:

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said... Best Blogger Tips

My favorite sauce is siracha. I know that's not technically a sauce, but I eat it on everything!

Samantha said... Best Blogger Tips

I love all sauces--I rarely make them though because the fiance hates them =)

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

I like the House of Tsang Szechwan sauce - so spicy good!

But Tabasco is my one true love!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad you had a great weekend! I Love sauces too- I kind of like to do the homemade mixes when I can. I love a good peanut sauce and salsa (which is sort of a sauce)is amazing!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

Yumm! They all look good! I love honey mustard the most, I do believe!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE sauces! My fridge is slammed with them. My favorite would probably be soy - i use it SO much!! :)

Julie @ Pickley Pear said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never tried the General Tso's sauce, but I do like the Peanut sauce. Marinara is my all time favorite - so versatile and full of nutrients!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Honey mustard bbq sauce I MUST find it!!!

xo

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love all sauces - but siracha is probably my favourite. I also love gravy, and anything curry!!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Does soy sauce count? I can't eat Chinese rice without it!

For something I have more regularly, I'd have to say oil and vinegar. I love it on sandwiches, salads, and pasta!

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't know if I have a fav sauce. I like straight up chipotle bbq sauce when grilling, and I like herb syle marinades/dressings.