Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Meals

Happy Tuesday!

For fun, I thought I'd show you some of the yummy eats my brother and I made for my mom on mother's day.

Kevin was in charge of the salad. He added tomatoes and croutons. Just a note about the croutons-seriously, they are the best croutons ever, and I don't even know what brand they were. All I know is that they were cheese flavored. Cheese flavored anything doesn't taste bad, in my opinion.



My mom thought it would be a good idea to make some rice to go with the chicken we were having. After the rice was done cooking, I looked over and saw my mom add a bag (yes, the entire bag!) of shredded mozzarella cheese to the rice. Did I mention that my mom is lactose intolerant? Yeah, cheese is a big thing at my mom's house.


So, so good!

The best part of the entire meal was the chocolate cheesecake that my mom made. She iced this with fat free cool whip. It tasted phenomenal.


This picture made me realize that I should've taken a picture of the inside as well.

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite side dish?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love any veggie as a side dish.

I also love mashed potatoes and gravy!!!!

Ali said... Best Blogger Tips

My favorite side dish is sauteed mushrooms and zucchini squash!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Rice is probably my favorite side dish. That cheesy rice sounds delicious!

Tracey said... Best Blogger Tips

My favorite side dish is a salad or sometype of steamed/grilled veggie!

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said... Best Blogger Tips

Cheese croutons..cheese in the rice..and cheesecake! I think I just fell in love with that meal!! Yum!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I love side dishes best- grilled veggies, salad, or a good brown rice.

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice! I love when everyone contributes a bit to a meal. My favorite side is fruit salad or roasted veggies