Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A little of This, A Little of That

Happy Tuesday!

As I'm sure you've all figured out by now, I love to follow recipes when I'm making meals. I don't have to follow it exactly, but I like guidelines so that I can that I'm doing something right. For this food concoction, though, I decided not to use a recipe. Instead, I added a little of this and a little of that and came up with a pretty decent meal.

I started off by sauteing some green peppers and an onion.



While that was going, I cooked up some egg noodles. Even though I've eaten them before, I've never made egg noodles. I didn't realize that they were more voluminous than whole wheat pasta. In any event, more pasta is always a good thing, so I wasn't going to complain.

While the egg noodles were boiling, I added some lean ground turkey to the pepper and onion mix. When everything was finished cooking, I combined everything together and added some marinara sauce.


Comfort food, no?

In order to keep portion size in check (something that I stink at when it comes to pasta!) I put it in a 9x13 dish and added some mozzarella cheese.


Like so.

When the cheese was melted, I took it out of the oven and let it cool down for a little bit.


The hubby cut a slice, so I took a picture pretty quickly.





All in all, we both thought it was a fantastic, filling meal. I will definitely be cooking with egg noodles more often!

Question of the Day:
What are your favorite pasta "add-ins?"

Until next time!

~Anne Marie

9 comments:

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

i love egg noodles.. though I dont eat them much anymore :/ great dish!

She-Fit said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never had egg noodles, but have been reading about them a lot lately. I need to try them out.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Without the cheese, that's my parent's go to dinner (when I'm not home of course!).

My favorite pasta add in is spinach.

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

I love putting goat cheese in pasta when the pasta is piping hot - it just gets all melty!

And I love meatballs, but my hubs is not too much of a fan :(

Kristen @ Change of Pace said... Best Blogger Tips

You are so creative! And what a great idea to put it in the 9x13 dish. I have NO self control when it comes to cheese!

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

I have never tried egg noodles!! This recipe does look great.

I love adding loads of veggies to my pasta :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I like adding cheese :-) Hehe. And olives, and bacon!!

I am healthy like that.

Tomatoes are good in pasta too.

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Why is it whenever I come to your site, I always leave craving some sort of casserole lol

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

This looks great!
I love olives, roasted peppers, feta cheese, grilled onions. I just like food, I think!