Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Homemade is Better

Happy Wednesday!

I know I've mentioned this before, but part of the reason I love reading other blogs is because I get some wonderful ideas from other people. I've made sloppy joe's a few times on this blog and have found that Manwich is my best friend....that is until I saw Megan's recipe for homemade sloppy joe sauce.

While it is much more convenient to purchase a can of Manwich, I think it's much more satisfying to make your own sauce, especially when it consists of ingredients you already have in the house.

Megan, thanks for this recipe-I don't think I'll ever go back to the canned stuff!


Sloppy joe sauce=love.

The husband and I loved the sauce. I made it without the onion (I forgot to put it on the grocery list!) and it still tasted phenomenal.

Question of the Day:
Homemade or from the can? Which do you prefer?

Until next time!

~Anne Marie

11 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice! Homemade all the way! I go for canned or packaged only when I have minimal time available!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

If you are referring to sloppy joes - neither, because I have never had them!!

With anything else (soup, etc.) I prefer homemade.

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hooray for leaving out the onion!! I think the Manwich is too sweet for me, so I'll take homemade any day!

Here is my recipe:

http://biz319.wordpress.com/2009/04/26/sloppy-joes-ala-biz/

Tracey said... Best Blogger Tips

I like homemade. I'm actually going to have to get on the stick and make some soon. It's hard because my husband does not like sloppy joes at all!
Oh well - he can make himself something different:)

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the way certain things taste that are premade such Amy's refried beans BUT if I can make it at home and it is almost similar than I would prefer that

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said... Best Blogger Tips

I have to admit..I love Manwich! Yum! I haven't eaten it in forever though. I prefer to go the homemade method when I can.

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

How fun! I actually almost bought stuff to make sloppy lentils the other day! And I agree with you: homemade is always best!

lynn @ the actors diet said... Best Blogger Tips

homemade is better! but when i am pressed for time, i am very grateful for the canned stuff.

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Awesome! Homemade all the way! I think my grandma would slap me if I used can products when I could make it homemade!

xo

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

I always prefer homemade, but things (like soup) often come from a can. Time is valuble and canned goods save time!

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

After making my own sloppy joes I won't ever use the Manwich stuff again. I hadn't used it in a LONG time anyways, but things taste so much better when they are fresher.