Monday, May 17, 2010

Even When I'm Not Trying

Hey bloggies!

I can't believe we're at Monday already-it's insane! Mom and I went out to register on Sunday while the hubby went to Lowe's to price out new carpet for the baby's room. I am so thankful that my mom went with me-I would've been lost without her! I was hoping it wouldn't take us long to register, but it took almost three hours! There is so much stuff to get that it's ridiculous!

Last week, while walking from the train station to work, there were representatives from Quaker handing out free samples of cereal. Even when I'm not trying to be a food blogger, something like this happens.



Quaker Oatmeal Squares with a hint of brown sugar.

Normally I would take the samples home to the hubby to test out with me, but I was so hungry, and the nutritionals didn't look so bad.


I snacked on these little gems in the morning and they held me until lunch time. They had just the right amount of crunch without being obnoxious and the right amount of sweetness without being overly sweet. I think I'd buy them if they were on sale. They were really yummy!

Question of the Day:
Any good finds lately? Tell me about it!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

15 comments:

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said... Best Blogger Tips

I love that cereal. It's so good even dry!!!

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

nice find-- my recent find has been Sunburgers. love them!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

I've heard registering for a baby can be totally overwhelming. That cereal looks awesome. I recently got quakers puffed rice and puffed wheat cereals and they both ROCK! Especially in parfaits or protein shakes

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooooh I love registering!!! I went trigger happy when I registered for my wedding!! Baby registering would be fun too!

Sweet and Savory said... Best Blogger Tips

I really like that cereal! But only buy when it's on sale:)

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never seen that cereal!! My last good find was the trader joe's cilantro dressing. I honestly don't know what I ate before that! LOL

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I am lucky because my sister and my cousins allll have kids so when it is my turn (if ever) they can all give me tips on what to get lol

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

My husband and I will be attempting to buy nursery furniture next weekend and registering. I hope he knows what he's in for!!

Any recommendations after registering last weekend?

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

My friend registered for her baby and we spent ALL day trying out strollers at the store, opening them, closing them and pushing them. Heck half we didn't even know how to open!! I haven't tried that cereal yet, but it looks delish!

xo

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Registering for a baby sounds fun, but completely overwhelming! Glad you survived it!

My recent new food finds have been millet bread, tempeh, and light coconut milk.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I love quaker oat squares!! It's one of my favorite cereals but always too expensive for me!

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

I love that cereal! And cereal is the perfect preggo snack. I craved cereal like no other when pregnant with M.

I'm glad you had someone to help register. It is very overwhelming. And there are so many things you don't need but look cool and then things you REALLY need that you don't think to register for. It helps having someone who knows the ropes.

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Shannon-my recommendation is to give yourself plenty of time and to start with the furniture first. I think that was what took us the longest!

megan said... Best Blogger Tips

I really like that cereal. you're right, it really fills you up. Recently I tried food should taste good chips for the first time and I LOVE them. especially the sweet potato flavor.

lynn @ the actors diet said... Best Blogger Tips

i always think about picking up that cereal but never do - i really should!