Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tiny Chicken

Happy Wednesday!!

We're halfway through the week, which is something that always makes me happy. This girl loves her weekends!

For my chicken dish this week, I wanted to combine a few ingredients and turn it into something tasty. I mixed together some breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and chili powder.


Ready for the chicken!

Usually when I buy chicken, I buy the larger chicken breasts. This time, however, I purchased the thin cut chicken cutlets. Ironically, I used to buy them all the time, but when I got a membership to BJ's, I bought their big package of chicken and the pieces were always huge!

I had forgotten how thin (but still filling) these guys are. Since they are smaller, it's a good opportunity to serve it with some veggies.

I dipped the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture without using eggs. It stuck to the chicken just fine!


Before going into the oven.

I had forgotten how little time the thin chicken breasts take to bake....they were in the oven for about 25 minutes.


All done!

This really reminded me of chicken cutlet with a bit of a twist. I loved the flavor of Parmesan cheese and chili powder with the breadcrumbs.

Question of the Day:
For meat eaters-do you buy the large chicken breasts or the thin kind? For non meat eaters, what's your favorite fake meat product?

Until next time!

~Anne Marie

11 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

hey girlie ;) Great job on the chick! I usually dip Josh's chicken breasts in a combo of 3 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and then into my breading mix. I prefer to buy him the thin breasts, but usually go with whichever organic chicken is on sale! Even though I'm a veg, I'm not a big fan of fake meat due to all the soy! I usually make burgers and such out of a combination of rice and beans.

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

When I do eat chicken I prefer it to ben thin, I don't find it normal when the breasts are huge and thick probably loaded with hormones!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Boca makes really good chik'n patties. I served one to my boyfriend once and he didn't know it wasn't real meat!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

when I used to buy chicken, I would get the thin pieces of chicken breast...

and my fave fake meat product is the Morningstar Buffalo "chicken" wings

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm new to a high-vegan lifestyle, but don't use any meat substitutes! Which is good because I hear they're highly processed. Hope dinner turns out well!

Train Your Life said... Best Blogger Tips

So funny that you mentioned this today! I made chicken parmesan last night and was wishing I had some cutlets...I usually buy the big pieces too. Your chicken looks yummy!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

When I eat chicken, I get the 3 packs of organic chicken from Costco...they seem to be smaller than conventional chicken and I'm not sure why.

I have an irrational fear of meat substitutes. If it tastes too much like meat, I'm scared!

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

That sounds good. I love having different seasonings and flavors to mix things up. And I definitely use the thin chicken! I hate the thicker stuff. Because it cooks longer and I just don't like huge slabs of meat. LOL

eatmovelove said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for your comment chica ;)...I'm confused...they want me to start next week and already have interest...and now I'm afraid to say no - but having panic attackes over it as well...i know it's stupid -that I create the stress - but still....
love chicken - i buy both the large and the small ...haha.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I buy both, depends what I am making :-) I haven't bought chicken breasts in a long time though.

lynn @ the actors diet said... Best Blogger Tips

i eat meat, but i don't cook it. i have liked gardein's fake meat products.