Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!

With all the beautiful weather we've been having, I think it would only be appropriate to be thankful for the gorgeous flowers that are blooming this Spring.

For me, flowers signify new life, and a rebirth of all things beautiful. Sure, the snow can be beautiful, but isn't there something heartwarming about seeing the flowers bloom?


It looks like a hummingbird, don't you think?

Seeing flowers reminds me to slow down and enjoy life. I love walking through my neighborhood and seeing everyone's gardens.


Flower on a lily pad

These pictures were all taken at Longwood Gardens - one of my favorite spots to visit around this time of year. It's so beautiful everywhere you turn!


I love this time of year!

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

I'll be taking a blogging break tomorrow-I'm going for my first ultrasound.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Until next time!

~Anne Marie

14 comments:

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I was gonna say that wherever you live in PA has really awesome looking flowers! I just read about the gardens. They sound amazing!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

Have a wonderful blogging break and an exciting ultrasound visit - first time seeing the baybay!!

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't been reading your blog long, but am assuming you're pregnant! Congrats!

Today I'm thankful that I get to go home after work and hang out in my warm dry greenhouse, instead of battling the rain in the garden.

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful flowers! I love the way they look and you are picking up all the new life magic now, huh?

Enjoy your ultrasound- hope the baby smiles for you :)

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooo ultrasound!! You must be soooo excited!!! We'll miss you tomorrow ;)

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I was snapping pictures of flowers and trees today too, so today I am grateful for mother nature =)

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm thankful for an early DC spring!

Have fun tomorrow!

Lele said... Best Blogger Tips

I am also thankful for flowers. They are positively exploding into bloom here in VA. I'm horribly allergic to them, so I'm also thankful for allergy medicine!

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh I just love the fresh flowers that are popping up lately. I agree, they do make me stop and appreciate the moment, and life overall. I'm thankful for Daniel. His support and love just make me happy through and through.

Good luck tomorrow with the ultrasound!

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

I hope my tulips survive - it might get down to 30 degrees tonight! :(

Yippee on the ultrasound!! So excited!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

It does look like a hummingbird, I love it!

Bring back ultrasound pictures! So exciting!!

I left work early today (a whole 30 minutes!) and went to play in the garden :) That was great!!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful for getting in to grad school!!! I just found out today!!

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips

Great flower pics, I love spring too, it puts me in a great mood. I hope your ultrasound was amazing yesterday!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

beautiful pics! Hope the ultra sound went well! I'm thankful for my wonderful parents