Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thankful Thursday!

Happy Thursday! It's supposed to be 70 degrees here in Philly and 80 degrees on Saturday! I say bring on more of this fabulous weather!

In the spirit of the Easter holiday, today, I thought I'd be thankful for tradition.

Growing up, we always dyed Easter eggs after Mass on Holy Saturday. When I was looking at pictures, I found these gems, taken before the hubby and I were married.


The hubby proudly holding up his Easter egg.



I don't remember the story behind this, but I remember that my brother and I thought it would be funny to point to the un-dyed egg.



Way to go, Kev!

Dying Easter eggs was always a fun tradition in my house, even as we got older. The husband doesn't know it, but I'm buying the dye for Easter eggs so that we can start our own traditions.


Love this one of us!

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

10 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful that this is my last day of work before 10 days off, and it will be a slack day because the students won't be there, so teachers get prep time.

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful for the strength to let things go that are bothering me....

Happy Easter Amor! I can't wait to see NEXT years pictures of egg dying (((wink))))

THE ACTORS DIET said... Best Blogger Tips

i haven't dyed easter eggs since i was a kid. i miss the smell of vinegar and hard boiled eggs!

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

I love family traditions. And it becomes even more fun when you can start doing them with your own babies. Which, will be not too too long for you. :D

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww I love dying Easter eggs! I think I missed last year but Mark and I bought the kit for this year! It's great because then I have hard boiled eggs to eat for the week :)

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Thankful Thursday is the best! I, too, love decorating eggs and all the Easter traditions that I've made with my family. I'm so thankful to be going home to spend the holiday with them!! Have a great time!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Super cute pictures! Love easter and dying eggs!!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

I always loved dyeing Easter eggs also!

megan said... Best Blogger Tips

we haven't died easter eggs in forever! looks fun :)

I'm thankful for my husband - every day!

Jenn@slim-shoppin said... Best Blogger Tips

I still love decorating Easter Eggs!

I am thankful for all the people I have in my life!!