Friday, April 16, 2010

More Pizza!

Happy Friday!

As if Monday's post on pizza wasn't enough, I made some more pizza-like substances this week. I think I've got my pizza craving kicked for the week, but you never know!

I started off by placing a Pillsbury pizza crust in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Next, I cooked some ground chicken and added some spices while it was browning. Of course, you could use ground turkey, soy crumbles or ground beef. The ground chicken happened to be on sale, so that's what I used.

After the meat is done cooking, combine it with one jar of marinara or pizza sauce and pour it over the pizza crust.


Like so.

Bake it in the oven for about 15 minutes. Next, top with cheese and place it back in the oven for another five minutes.

When you're done, it should look like this:


Yummy!!

The husband raved about this dish, and it was so simple to make. I added some cracked red pepper to my slice, which gave it a little kick.



Nom nom nom.

Pizza bakes always make me happy.

Special announcement-Get ready for a giveaway from Green Giant on Monday! I'm super excited about it, and I hope you will be too!

Question of the Day:
Do you prefer your pizza in slices or squares?

It doesn't matter to me, as long as it's pizza!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

12 comments:

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

We've had home made pizza a few times in the last few weeks. to me, it's the cheese and the crunch of the crust. Bread and cheese!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

The pizza looks wonderful! I am a square fan! Growing up, we always went to the same pizza place every Friday and they did squares. Being from Chicago, I should probably like the pie pieces, though!

Have a great weekend, girl!!!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I prefer slices. I'm a new yorker!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I am all about slices! I think your pizza vibes headed my way...I made home made pizza last night for din din =)

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

definitely slices! Crust on every piece please!

lynn @ the actors diet said... Best Blogger Tips

yeah i'll take my pizza any way - circles? rectangles? whatever!!!

Train Your Life said... Best Blogger Tips

I like slices...I always feel like squares are too small haha

I love easy dishes that people think are SO great. :)

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm on a pizza kick too! I could eat it everyday. Love the chicken idea. I like to add veggies too. I have no preference on the way it's cut!!!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

I love pizza! I kind of like squares better, but when it comes down to it, it's the taste that matters most, not the shape :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I like both, but I don't like the crust pieces of a square pizza.

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I started making homemade pizza with whole wheat pizza dough and it's so good- I can't make it into a coherent shape yet, so I like pizza blobs for now!

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

This post has me craving some pizza!!! I love eating my pizza in slices, like things traditional, haha!