Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Meatballs and a New Pan

Last week, my friend Ron called me and told me that he saw something and had to buy it for me because he knew I would love it. He came over to my house and gave me one of the coolest gifts ever....this pan!



It has a rack on top where you can make meatballs, a small roast....whatever floats your boat. It catches excess grease on the bottom of the pan, which also helps get rid of any extra fat. The rack is removable, so you can use the bottom pan by itself, if you want. Little did Ron know that I had planed to make meatballs this week for dinner, so this came just in time. Thanks again, Ron! I love this pan!

The last time I made meatballs, I made them small. This time, I decided to make them "mom size" which is the size that my mom normally makes them. I also decided to make some turkey sausage for a little variety.


Sizzling in the pan.


I didn't do much in terms of measuring, but I used 2 lbs of ground turkey, some breadcrumbs, eggs, Parmesan cheese and some spices. I mixed it all together and formed them into medium sized meatballs.


Ready to be baked!

I let these bake for about 30 minutes or so and was greeted with this as the finished product:

Yum!

I should've made my own marinara sauce, but time was short, so I had to use the jarred stuff.

One big pot of goodness.

I tried the meatballs last night and they rocked. They weren't as good as my mom's, but then again, nothing I make compares to the way my mom makes them. I'm crossing my fingers for some leftovers at the end of the week. If there are some left over, I'll be able to make meatballs and eggs, which is one of my favorite meals ever! It probably sounds weird to you, but I used to eat it a lot as a kid!


Question of the Day:
Do you eat any weird food combinations like meatballs and eggs?

Until next time!

~Anne Marie

7 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Cool - I would love to see your meatballs and eggs meal!

I don't know if I eat any weird food combinations like that ... not that I can think of.

Lauren @ Eater Not a Runner said... Best Blogger Tips

What a cool pan! I like eggs and ketchup which I guess is kind of weird :-)

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Cool pan!

I used to like ketchup on my tacos, which some people thought was weird. But I don't think so, it's just like putting ketchup on a hamburger!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Damn I wish I had friends like that! lol...that pan looks really cool =) but those meatballs look even better.

Ron said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm glad you enjoyed the pan AM. I'm always happy to make people happy. I love you, and will talk to you soon. Say hello to Da Man!

Train Your Life said... Best Blogger Tips

oh wow those meatballs look good!

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

MMMMmmmm delicious meatballs and sausage! I just love this meal. My stepdad makes my favorite spaghetti and meatballs and I've never been able to make them as tasty as he does. They are so nostalgic and full of love!

I adore that pan! I use a rack on top of a pan a lot because it allows food to crisp evenly. I bet you'll get so much use out of it!

I love strange combos. I've done oatmeal and tuna before and got some really weird looks!