Friday, April 23, 2010

Going to the Chapel....

My friend Gina is getting married tomorrow (although sadly, I won't be able to make it to the wedding). You may remember Gina doing a few guest posts on the blog awhile back. I'm so, so, so excited and happy for her! I hope it's everything she dreams of and more!

I'm going to try to make the rest of this post pretty speedy....I got swamped with a ton of work this morning, and this is the first chance I've had to sit down.

This recipe for taco bake is something that I really enjoyed making and also tasted great. It's a winning combo in my book!

I started off by browning some ground turkey and peppers in a pan. You could also add some onion, but I didn't have any in the house. Once the meat was cooked, I added a can of pinto beans, a packet of taco seasoning and 16 ounces of marinara sauce.


Yum!

Next, I opened up a tube of Pillsbury pizza crust and laid it in a 9x13 pan. After that, I added the meat and pepper mixture.




Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the pizza crust is cooked.

I swear I took a picture of it with the melted cheese, but I think my camera ate it.



Sliced and ready to go!

I don't know about you, but I love casseroles. Adding a bunch of ingredients together to make something yummy is always a plus in my book!

Question of the Day:
Anything fun planned for this weekend?

We're celebrating my brothers 21st birthday-I'm so excited!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

11 comments:

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

Aw, congrats to Gina and happy birthday to the bro!

I love casseroles and frittatas - great way to use up leftovers!

I have twin fest tomorrow - my twin sister and I are getting together with our best friends that are twins - we've been friends since third grade - 34 years!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I love casseroles too. No matter what's in them, they always taste good!

I'm celebrating my Dad's and cousin's birthday this weekend. We're having a BBQ Sunday :)

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks awesome!!! I am a big fan of casseroles, so easy and always sooo good.

This weekend is full of last minute studying, you got me I am a huge procrastinator :( Hope you have a great weekend girl!

megan said... Best Blogger Tips

yum that looks good! I love taco anything, and this is a creative way to cook it!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

taco casserole! Love it. Looks fantastic. Josh would really enjoy this and I could make an all beany version for myself. Have fun this weekend. Plans include a baseball game, dinner at one of the other instructors house, an SPCA art show & a blogger meet up!

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats to your friend and happy 21st to your little brother! Is he going to party hard? I can honestly say I don't remember much of my 21st. It was during my "go out all the time" phase.

The taco bake looks great! I made something similar this week for dinner that was really good.

Bec said... Best Blogger Tips

congrats to your friend, hope she has a wonderful day!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

No big plans yet, but I hope to go out tomorrow night. I need a night to let loose!

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww I just love weddings! And birthdays, for that matter!

The taco bake looks delicious! I would looove that!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter said... Best Blogger Tips

I love casseroles too! Too bad they're apparently "going out of style" :(

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum! Delish!

Happy birthday to your little bro! Casseroles are the ultimate comfort food!