Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Eggs!

Happy Tuesday!

As I mentioned last week, I bought a dye kit for the hubby and I to dye eggs this year. Somehow we missed the tradition last year, so I wanted to make sure that it definitely happened!

I initially started out with ten eggs to dye, but I broke three of them while trying to put them into the boiling water. I think I may have had the heat turned up just a little bit too high.

All in all though, it was a fun experience with the hubs, even if we were almost falling asleep while dyeing them!


Pretty!

I'm more traditional when it comes to dyeing the eggs, but the husband likes to make one egg two different colors. This year, he dyed one for the baby on the way. We've nicknamed the baby the "Sprite" baby. Why? Well because we aren't going to find out if we're having a boy or a girl, so we'll probably buy a lot of things in greens and yellows.

I present to you the Sprite egg.

Cute, isn't it?

I love dyeing Easter eggs....so, so pretty! Plus, I feel like they taste better when they are dyed. Weird, I know!


Question of the Day:
Do you dye Easter eggs?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

6 comments:

Lauren @ Eater Not a Runner said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never dyed them, but those sure do look pretty!

lynn @ the actors diet said... Best Blogger Tips

i haven't dyed easter eggs in years but i always loved doing it.

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Awww! Sprite baby is a cute name! Oh- and red looks good on all babies too!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I bought an Easter egg kit this year but we never ended up dying any :(

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never dyed eggs, but it does look so pretty!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't dyed Easter eggs in ages, but I do love doing it! Maybe next year!!