Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Confessions of a Food Blogger

Happy Wednesday! We're halfway through the week already!

So here's my confession for you. When I eat out at a restaurant, I hate taking pictures of my food. I feel like as soon as a whip out my camera, everyone turns and stares at me. Now, I know that's just me being paranoid, but it's just the way I feel.

I remember the first time I took pictures at a restaurant. I ended up with a picture of our appetizer, which I really liked....


You can't go to an Italian restaurant without ordering bruschetta!

Then it was time for our entree. I had gotten some pasta dish with chicken and peppers, but I felt rushed to get a good picture, and ended up with this, even after a few tries.


Blurry much?
While I have no problem snapping pictures at home, it definitely is an issue for me out in public. That's my confession for the day ;)
Question of the Day:
If you're a food blogger, how do you feel about taking pictures of meals out in public? If you aren't a food blogger, how would you feel if you saw someone taking pictures of their food at a restaurant?
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

12 comments:

Train Your Life said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree with you...when I went to a wedding recently I wanted to take pics of the food because it was beautiful, but I felt weird doing it even though it was only family at my table!

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

ahh comfort food!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

haha I used to feel weird...but I don't any more. If people give me strange looks, the firs thought that goes through my mind now is...what are they looking at haha. How are you feeling??

Andrea said... Best Blogger Tips

Good confession! I don't really get nervous much. I guess I feel like people might think I'm weird either way, so I lose some of the self consciousness. But I definitely understand that it might be uncomfortable.

The Italian dinner looks so so delicious!!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Erica-I feel great! Thanks so much for asking!

Tracey said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't feel strange taking pictures in restaurants but I do follow a couple rules. I think it is fine taking a couple photos but not a ton. Other people have paid money to eat and enjoy a meal so I don't want to take away from their dining experience by holding a photo shoot at my table ;)

Jenn@slim-shoppin said... Best Blogger Tips

I actually don't mind because sometimes I think if people think I am a food critic or something!

Let them think what they want, and shoot away!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I used to feel really weird about it, but now I don't at all!! I have been out with big groups of friends or co-workers too and they don't even flinch now when I take out my camera. Everyone thinks its cool. I only had 1 person ever comment, and she said "oh that is a good idea!!" because she knew I was on vacation so she thought it was for an album. I told her the real reason and she loved it!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I used to feel paranoid that everyone's watching but now I don't really mind unless someone is actually staring at me. I think it's becoming more popular anyways and people won't think it's too weird! I also always make it quick and don't use flash.

Jocelyn @ Peace.Love.Nutrition said... Best Blogger Tips

This week went by so quickly!!

lynn @ the actors diet said... Best Blogger Tips

honestly, i don't think about what others must think! if they ask, i tell them i'm a food blogger. usually it sparks an interesting conversation!

Peace Love Nutrition said... Best Blogger Tips

Such a cutie!!