Monday, April 5, 2010

Butterfinger Cake

Happy Monday!

I'm sorry I was MIA on Friday. I needed to take a break from blogging to get some stuff done before Easter.

I promised that I would post the recipe to my hubby's birthday cake, and here I am to deliver. I make this cake for him every year, and actually began making it because it was a Weight Watchers recipe.

I present to you Peanut Butter Better than You Know What Cake.

1 package chocolate cake mix (I used vanilla)
10 oz diet soda (I used regular Sprite because I'm not allowed to have artificial sweeteners while pregnant)
1 egg white
7 oz fat free sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsps of low fat peanut butter
8 oz of fat free cool whip (I omitted this and made cream cheese frosting-the husband's favorite!)
7 fun size Butterfingers

I started by mixing the egg white, cake mix and sprite together and baking it in the oven. While that was going, I chopped up these guys into little pieces.



A few minutes before the cake was finished baking, I combined the peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk and cooked them on low until they both melted.


Before it melted.

Next, I made a lower fat version of cream cheese icing. There's some low fat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla.


The husband can't get enough of this stuff, and honestly, neither can I.

Once the cake is finished baking, poke holes in the top of the cake. Pour the peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk mixture on top of the cake and spread the mixture. Next, take about half of the chopped up butterfingers and sprinkle them on the cake.


The chocolate begins to melt and the peanut butter mixture starts to seep into the holes.
When the cake is cooled, frost it and top with the remaining butterfingers.

Yum!!
The husband requests this cake every year for his birthday, and since it is lower in fat than most cakes, I'm happy to comply.

Question of the Day:

What's your favorite kind of cake?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

13 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

yums!!!!! you are a good wife!

My fave cake has always been strawberry shortcake but the other day I saw a rainbow cookie cake so I think that might take the cake! ha

Lauren @ Eater Not a Runner said... Best Blogger Tips

That cake looks SO good! I am a red velvet fan :-)

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks amazing! Nice work. Love that its lighter too. I'm not a big cake gal. I like crisps or frozen soft serve yogurt in terms of sweet desserts :)

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Ummmm....this may be my new favorite cake!! Delicious!

I'm such a fan of a certain sour cream fudge cake with vanilla buttercream!!

Have a wonderful Monday!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh lordy is this good! No wonder your hubby can't get enough!

Cake is my favorite food- for real! I love a good dark chocolate or opera cake.

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips

That cakes looks heavenly!!

whataboutsummer said... Best Blogger Tips

My favorite kind of cake is wedding cake because they all look beautiful! I'm pretty sure the taste is not usually stellar though.
Katherine
whataboutsummer

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

YUM! That looks delicious!!!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Anything that is extremely moist!

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow that cake looks awesome! I have never made it with PB and Butterfinger. I have made it with jello though. Going to print this!! Happy bday to the hubby :)

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

That cake looks so great! My fav cake has been, and I think always will be a standard chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Love it.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Omg, that cake sounds SO good! I really think my boyfriend would love it too. I'm bookmarking it for his birthday in July!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Great post.

my webpаge: coffee pure cleanse and colo cleanse pro