Monday, March 22, 2010

Yummy Breakfast

Happy Monday!

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. It was so beautiful in Philly, so the hubby and I took full advantage of the warm weather, and of course, the free Rita's water ice on Saturday. Has anyone tried the Swedish Fish water ice? It's so good!

Typically, I'm an oatmeal for breakfast kinda girl. I think it was due to the warm weather, but I wasn't feeling a hot bowl of oats for breakfast. I don't eat much cereal (it never fills me up) and I didn't have anything in the house to make smoothies. It was at that point that my mind dreamed up the most perfect breakfast ever.

A bagel with peanut butter and banana.



Seriously, one of the best combinations ever! How can you go wrong with carbs, protein and fruit?!

I'm in the process of figuring out what I could eat for breakfasts in the summer that doesn't involve hot foods. Any suggestions?

Question of the Day:
What do you eat when you don't want a hot breakfast?

Until next time!

~Anne Marie

13 comments:

Rose said... Best Blogger Tips

I go with overnight oats or cereal :)

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

I love my egg sammies in the morning! Maybe you can make a big batch of granola bars or multi-grain muffins to grab and go?

Happy Monday!

Lauren @ Eater Not a Runner said... Best Blogger Tips

I love a big smoothie in a bowl :-)

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I love yogurt with fruit and cereal.

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I usually make myself a Green Monster or a Yogurt Mess =)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said... Best Blogger Tips

There is a little bagel shop near me that does honey almond cream cheese and banana on a bagel. It's SO yummy! I love bagels and cream cheese :)

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips

I like to poach (or fry) an egg. Doesn't take long and you can slap them in between two pieces of bread. Pair with some fruit and you're good to go!

Train Your Life said... Best Blogger Tips

i eat oatmeal or cereal with a banana.

Cereals never filled me up until I started eating Fiber One...that'll do the trick!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I usually just have cold cereal,a cottage cheese or yogurt fruit mess, or pancakes - I'm always in the mood for them!

I agree with you that pb banana is one of the best combos ever!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

I go with yogurt or cereal (usually honey nut cheerios!). :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

1) Fruit salad with a granola bar
2) Smoothie
3) Cereal and Fruit
4) PB and Banana Sandwich
5) Yogurt with granola

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

I eat muffins or bread almost every morning -- something I bake over the weekend that I can grab and go with all week. In the summer, I love smoothies and cold cereal. : )

lynn @ the actors diet said... Best Blogger Tips

i usually have a smoothie or cereal.