Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

There's a place by my mom's house that I've always referred to as "the crick." It's one of the most beautiful, relaxing places I've ever been to. When I was little, my mom would bring my brothers and I down to the crick to feed the ducks and to take a walk. It also holds a special meaning to me because it's where the husband proposed.

On one side of the crick is a stone and dirt path, and on the other is a hiking trail. There's always a different route you can take, and it never ever gets boring!

Today, I am thankful for spending time at the crick with my brother and mom.

Since the weather was so beautiful last weekend when I was at my mom's house, my brother, me and my mom headed down to the crick to do something we haven't done in such a long time....feed the ducks!


Kevin and I hanging out on the ledge.

We brought popcorn and raisin bread, which the ducks seemed to enjoy.



The sun was so bright that I could hardly see the pictures I was taking. It was basically point, click, and hope for the best!



Most relaxing place ever.


Kev and I took a break to smile for my mom.


Action shot!



Pointing out a cool looking duck.
I truly enjoyed spending this time with the fam. Since the weather's getting nicer, I'm sure there will be more visits to this beautiful place!


Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?


Until next time!
~Anne Marie


8 comments:

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

That place look really pretty!

I have a stream in the woods behind my house that I used to go to when I was little. I should take a trip back there one day. I haven't been there in years!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

What a peaceful, beautiful little place. Lovely.

I am thankful for a job that I love.

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Very pretty! We have a pond in the large park next to our home. I love seeing all the kids outside feeding the ducks!

I am thankful for being employed, even if it takes all my patience sometimes!

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm thankful for the love and support of my family. Knowing they're behind me 100% makes me feel strong and confident. :)

I need a tranquil retreat like that here in DC. looks great!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said... Best Blogger Tips

awww my mom says crick all the time and this made me think of her! Great fun thing to be thankful for

Train Your Life said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful place!

I am thankful for spending time with my one year old niece today...she is all smiles and laughter!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow beautiful pictures! It looks like the perfect place to collect your thoughts!

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Anne Marie, I love this post! The crick looks so beautiful and peaceful! Such a wonderful place to hold your memories!
I am thankful for my mom. Getting to spend the day with her has been so lovely and meaningful to me.