Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today, as I was walking to the train, I thought about what I would post for Thankful Thursday. Immediately one person came to mind. Today, I am thankful for my Aunt Nette.

My Aunt Nette is one of the loudest, most outspoken people you will ever meet, and I love that she is who she is without any apologies. If you want an honest opinion, she'll give it to you and if you need someone to talk to, she'll drop everything so that she can listen.

She always refers to herself as "favorite Aunt Nette," and even though I joke with her about that title, she really is my favorite aunt.


Left to Right-me, mom, grandmom, Allison and Aunt Nette

My first realization that she was my favorite aunt was when she took me to see New Kids on the Block when she was eight months pregnant. It was my first concert, and I was armed with my "I love Jordan" poster and my New Kids on the Block jacket. Yup, I was that girl. My aunt took it all in stride though, and I had such a fantastic time!


Me, grandmom, Allison and Aunt Nette at Longwood Gardens

I suppose I should also mention that she took my to my first Hanson concert when I was 14. She told me I could bring the Hanson CD with me and she listened to it on the entire drive down to the Spectrum. More screaming girls, more chaos, and this time, I had my "I love Taylor" poster in hand. I remember looking back at her during the concert and she was bobbing her head to MMMbop. I mean really, how cool is that?


Mom, grandmom, Uncle Pete and Aunt Nette

Aunt Nette is one of those people you can call at 1:00 in the morning stranded on the highway and she'd be the one to come get you. We joke that I should've been her daughter because we share some of the same outspoken qualities....not to mention that we have this awful habit of laughing when someone falls.

My aunt is such an amazing woman, and I love spending time with her. She constantly makes me laugh with her sense of humor and realism.


Allison, me, mom, grandmom and Aunt Nette at my bachelorette party.

When I was gathering pictures together, I only found one of just her and I, and it's awful! I know she's going to hate me for this, but I'm posting it anyway. Really, what are favorite nieces for? This picture makes me realize that we need more single shots of us together.


Hot, isn't it? LOL

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

12 comments:

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

This post is so wonderful- your aunt sounds like a great woman. I love the idea of "Thankful Thursday!" I'm thankful for my mom and her endless encouragement. She never fails to make me feel strong and confident. Thanks for reminding me to stop and think about all I am grateful for!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

That's a cute post! I have a very sweet aunt too that I rarely see but love very much! I'm thankful for the opportunity of an education, even if it's causing me lack of sleep and sanity right now!

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

What a sweet post, your aunt is going to love it :) I must say that I am thankful for my parents! They have always been there for me in the good, the bad, and the Ugly. They are my biggest supporters!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said... Best Blogger Tips

Your family is gorgeous! What a great post... I am so thankful for my family. I really don't know what I'd do without them!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Your Aunt sound so great! Actually, she sounds a lot like my aunts! It must be an Italian thing :)

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

I love your Thankful Thursdays!! What a great post. Reading each week really makes me think each week what I am thankful for. Thanks.

ktbwood said... Best Blogger Tips

aww this is so awesome!! this makes me miss my family-i love them soo much! :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

She sounds wonderful! I love people like that!! You know they will never BS you :-)

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

This post totally hit home for me because I hope that my niece views me this way! This was an amazing post, your aunt nette sounds like such a great person!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

NKOTB when she was 8 months pregnant? Trooper!

I am thankful for 65 degree weather and sun! But not thankful that I have to go in for a 4 hour meeting on my day off!! I am such a snot! :)

Annette Solarski said... Best Blogger Tips

Anne Marie, thanks for the post. It was wonderful! I'm proud to call you my niece! My most fondest memory of our outings was on the way to the Hanson conert and you not giving up the bag!!! I love you!!! You're the best!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, Aunt Nette!! Hey, what can I say-I needed the bag because it was raining!! LOL