Monday, March 8, 2010

Sunday Breakfast

I hope you all had a great weekend! This morning I woke up to beautiful weather-the sun was shining, there was a little bit of a breeze in the air.....this is the kind of weather I could live with year round.

I don't know about you, but for me, Sundays was always a big breakfast day. I remember my mom making bacon, pork roll, sausage and scrapple. My brothers and I loved Sunday only because of the awesome breakfast we would have that day. I usually ate an egg over easy sandwich on a bagel and put the bacon, pork roll and scrapple right in the middle. Hmm...I wonder why I had a weight problem when I was younger.....haha.

I haven't had one of those breakfasts in a long time, and I was definitely in the mood for a traditional Sunday breakfast yesterday. This time, I opted to swap out the bacon, porkroll, sausage and scrapple for some home fries.

I chopped up two potatoes and put them in a skillet with a tiny bit of olive oil. I covered the skillet with a lid and let them cook until they were browned.


I can't tell you how much I love making these things.

The husband was in charge of making scrambled eggs. He makes the best cheesy scrambled eggs, but sometimes I think his eyes are bigger than his stomach when it comes to portion control.

The eggs cooking.

This is what the hubby dished up for me.


Now THAT'S a lot of breakfast!

It definitely satisfied my craving for a typical Sunday breakfast.

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite breakfast food?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

12 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

YUM! Now thats the way to start a Sunday ;) My favorite breakfasts are either eggs in a tortilla with salsa, fruit with nut butter, or a smoothie of some sort :)

Lauren @ Eater Not a Runner said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks delicious! I'm a cereal addict though, what can I say ;-)

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I love breakfast and could eat breakfast all day long! I love having toast and almond butter, my protein pancake, or cereal and yogurt.

Yours looks delish! Aren't boys funny with portions?

Mom on the Run said... Best Blogger Tips

My favorite breakfast in any type of omelet. I love a good ham, 4 cheese, and veggie one.

My husband has the same idea when it comes to portion.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I love big weekend breakfasts! I'm more of a pancake/waffle kinda girl though. We only ever had bacon or sausage in my house on Christmas!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

Now THAT'S my kind of breakfast! Breakfast is my biggest meal of the day, that looks right up my alley :)

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Sundays are always my big breafast day too! but since I had the race this Sunday...I had it for din din on Saturday lol

I love pancakes!!!

Train Your Life said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks delicous!

My favorite sunday breakfast is pancakes, but because those aren't too healthy I usually have eggs and turkey bacon or sweet potato hash browns

Kristen @ Change of Pace said... Best Blogger Tips

My husband does the same thing! I normally eat like 2 eggs scrambled and he'll make like 8 for the 2 of us haha! What a good husband though making sure your belly is full :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love bacon and eggs!!!!

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

Great b-fast! I am such a sucker for home fries, they are just so good :)

Oatmeal and omelets are both in the top of my favorite breakfast foods.

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmm what a delicious meal!! I love Sunday big breakfasts, always have. My favorite is probably pancakes or a sausage egg and cheese sandwich. Oh man I wish I had one right now!