Friday, March 12, 2010

Pasta and Veggies

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all of the wonderful, supportive comments on yesterday's post. To answer a few questions, yes, I am in fact having a baby. The husband and I are super excited but also nervous and scared at the same time. I turned three months on Wednesday and am due in September. Except for being tired, I feel pretty good!

For today's pasta dish, I decided to do make another concoction that would be simple and delicious.

I started with a pack of these.


Mixed veggies!

I thawed them under some hot water while I boiled the pasta.

I think it's pretty.

Once the pasta was cooked, I mixed marinara sauce with the pasta and thawed veggies.

I love how you can see the veggies poking through.

Topped with cheese (of course!) and baked until it was melted.


In keeping my promise, here's a picture of it once it was cut.


It was so yummy!

Question of the Day:

Any fun weekend plans?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

12 comments:

Lauren @ Eater Not a Runner said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on the baby! So exciting :-)

faithfitnessfun said... Best Blogger Tips

Please forgive me as I totally missed this yesterday! But CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so so so happy for you :) That is wonderful and such a blessing :)

No fun weekend plans for us. I really feel like going to see a movie though.

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

OMG how did I miss the previous post!!!!! Congrats chickie! you are going to be such a great mother!!!!! I am so happy for the both of you!!!! CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww girl I got goosebumps when I saw your last post! SO exciting! How far along are you??? Love the pasta dish too. So simple, healthy, and yummy :)

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, ladies! Kristen-I hit the three month mark this past Wednesday!

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

I can't believe I missed yesterday's post! Congrats on the baby!!!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

OK, so I was a bit slow! I get it now :) How very exciting!!! Tell us all about the baby!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on the baby!!! How exciting!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am so excited for you!!! I love babies :-)

That melty cheese looks perfect!!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Love that pasta dish!

I'm going to Vancouver this weekend :)

glidingcalm said... Best Blogger Tips

that looks delish!!! pasta + cheese = winnerrrrrrrr!


happy Sunday!

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips

Great looking pasta, and how easy is that!? Glad you are feeling well :)