Friday, March 26, 2010

Pasta and Peppers

Happy Friday!!

For this week's Lenten pasta series, my frozen veggies of choice to add to pasta were these guys:


Mixed pepper strips!

I ran some hot water over them to defrost while the pasta was cooking.


I love the pretty colors of the peppers.

Next up, I added it to the pasta and mixed together.



Baked for 10 minutes and I had myself a meal!



I loved, loved, loved the combination of peppers, pasta and cheese. It's just the right amount of carb and crunch.

Question of the Day:
Any fun weekend plans?

It's the husband's birthday this weekend, so tomorrow we're going out to dinner and on Sunday (his actual birthday), we're going to his mom's for dinner. Should be a fun time!

Have a great weekend!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

10 comments:

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Birthday to your hubby!!! Sounds like you are going to have a fAntastic weekend filled with yummy food :) This Saturday I am off to Ecuador!!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

Aw, have fun with your hubby for his bday! I agree with you -- peppers, pasta, and cheese...can't go wrong!

Basketball and dinner with friends tonight, habachi with work friends tomorrow night, and a hockey game on Sunday! I already got all the laundry done - none for the weekend! I shouldn't be so excited about that, huh? :)

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy bday to your hubs! :)

And for some reason I have never thought of adding peppers to pasta. I usually do squash, zucchini, and mushrooms. Peppers would be good though!

Janna (Just Flourishing) said... Best Blogger Tips

That pasta looks yummy. I love making pasta bakes :)

Weekend plans include starting my Spring break! So exicted :) I'm going home on Sunday!

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips

Your pasta's always look fab and so easy! Have a great hubby's bday weekend! I am running a 5-mile race tomorrow, so prepping for that tonight :)

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Birthday to the Hubs!!!!!!

That pasta dish looks soooo good!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

My 24, 24, 24 dinner is tomorrow so I am really excited about that!!!!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

ow! I've never purchased frozen pepper strips- totally keeping an eye out for them now. I love peppers but they go bad so quick!! Happy birthday to the husband. Have fun today

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

Ah the simplicity of frozen veggies... gotta love em.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never seen frozen veggies. Pretty cool! Hope your husband had a wonderful birthday :)