Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy Friday!

I'm so happy it's Friday! What's even better is that it's supposed to be a gorgeous weekend. I can't wait!

I feel like I should begin a Lenten Series here on the blog. Every week during Lent, I end up making some pasta dish because it's cheap, easy and so, so good! Please expect to see more pasta during Lent.

When I sent the husband out food shopping, I asked him to pick up some whole wheat pasta. I usually buy the store brand, but the husband found this on sale for cheaper.

I've never tried this kind before, but it was really good.
I decided to use up chickpeas that have been in my cabinet for quite some time.



While draining the chickpeas, my pasta was busy boiling.
I love how they cooked up!
I combined fat free ricotta cheese, marinara sauce and the chickpeas and put them in a 9x13 dish.



Topped with some cheese......

...and baked it for about 10 minutes.
Loving the cheese :)

Cut up and ready for eating!

I love this meal-it's so nutritious and comforting!

Question of the Day:

Any exciting weekend plans?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie






12 comments:

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks delicious!!!

No weekend plans really...just relaxing! We're traveling the next 2 weekends, so it'll be nice to chill :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

No big plans ... my hubby is running a Splash and Sprint race tomorrow morning, so we will be in bed early tonight. Tomorrow after the race we are having friends for breakfast, and then tomorrow night our nephew is sleeping over :-)

Ron said... Best Blogger Tips

Little Ms. Pasta. You are amazing. Love you much!!!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Love you too-good luck today!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

Your pasta looks yummy! Tomorrow I'm meeting up with a friend for a walk and maybe some coffee . . . hopefully it will be a nice balance of productivity and fun :)

Train Your Life said... Best Blogger Tips

This looks so good and budget friendly! I am definately going to try it!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I am running my first 5k this weekend!!!!!!

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmm delicious and it sounds so easy! Thanks for the idea!
Have a great weekend!!

Mom on the Run said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum! I love how the chickpeas give it that creamy cheesy look. Great recipe!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the combo of chickpeas and pasta- so yummy! Great meal :) Plans for the rest of the weekend= catch up and relax! We just got back from a trip. More to come!

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks amazing!! You had me at cheese! :D

THE ACTORS DIET said... Best Blogger Tips

i put chickpeas in my pasta too! they are great.