Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Easier is Better

Lately, I've been finding that the easier it is to make meals for the week, the less stressed I become. Even if it means that one of our meals come out of a can, I'm all for it if it makes my week a little bit easier.

Such was the case when I thought of using this for my meals this week:


Sloppy Joe sauce!!

I stirred this into some cooked lean ground turkey and had myself some comfort on a plate.



I usually add veggies to my sloppy joes, like peppers and onions, but I was lacking for time this week and didn't do it.

Am I the only one who thinks of Adam Sandler when I eat sloppy joes? Lunch Lady Land anyone?



Question of the Day:

Do you watch Saturday Night Live?

I don't anymore, but I sure used to! I thought it was awesome when Chris Farley and Will Ferrell were on it....now it's just not the same!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

12 comments:

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

Saturday Night Live has not been good for AGES!

We probably haven't watched it in six years - so sad because it was so funny!

We miss Conan O'Brien though - did you ever watch that show??

Love sloppy joes - never made it with ground turkey before - yum!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

I've watched Conan on and off, but I liked him too!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

I like to add veggies to my taco mix! Boca crumbles mixed with onions and mushrooms = yummy :)

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I a huge Chris Farley fan. I LOVE him!

And yes, I totally picture Adam Sandler and the lunch lady!
Good job on subbing healthy turkey in your sloppy joe's!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I love SNL but I think it was better in the 90's! Remember the "GAP girls"?

Train Your Life said... Best Blogger Tips

I am with you! especially with this warm weather I am experiencing, it want quick and easy meals!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

I love making a big meal and using it for a few nights! I watch SNL off and on- I used to watch it a LOT more!

megan said... Best Blogger Tips

i love sloppy joes! i always make mine the way my mom did - a mixture of ketchup and mustard and another ingredient that i seem to have forgotten. love it :)

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

I loved SNL for years and years. But you're right- it went down hill after Will Ferrell and that whole gang left for the movies. Love a good sloppy joe too!

Mom on the Run said... Best Blogger Tips

I was a loyal SNL watcher in the late 90's. It was hysterical then!

Sloppy Joes is such comfort food for me. YUM!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't watch SNL. I'm usually in bed. How sad is that?! I do love it, though : )

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't watch SNL, but I watch all the viral clips on youtube.