Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures

Happy Wednesday! I can't tell you how happy I am that we are halfway through this week!

Last week, I really lucked out. We were supposed to get a very bad snowstorm Thursday into Friday. Depending on how my week is going, I go food shopping either Thursday or Friday. I'm not a good driver in the snow, so the husband offered to go for me Wednesday night. This meant that I had no control over what was going in the cart. Of course, I gave him a list, but being the obsessive compulsive person that I am, I was more than reluctant to have him do the shopping. Weird, isn't it?

Beofre sending him on his way, I raided the fridge to find out what we had, and saw that there were some chicken breasts and some bbq sauce.

Of course, you know what I had to make.......

None other than my BBQ chicken! Please don't judge......I know I used to make this all the time back in the day!

In the end, the husband did a really great job with the list. In fact, I think he does a better job at food shopping because he sticks to the list, which is something I'm not so good at.

Tomorrow, I am headed out to lunch with Gina, who has done quite a few guest posts on the blog. I haven't seen her in such a long time, so I'm pretty excited!

Question of the Day:

What's your favorite restaurant?

I have a lot, but I think my favorite is Maggiano's. They have amazing Italian food!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

14 comments:

Mom on the Run said... Best Blogger Tips

Sometimes simple dinners are always the best dinners :)

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

Ha - my husband is a stick to the list kind of person too! While he does go grocery shopping with me, I love to touch EVERYTHING, which I think drives him a bit nuts! :D

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmm barbecue chicken is so delicious!! Yours looks great! I love food shopping so I can imagine the fear in sending someone else to do it for you!
I don't think I can pick a favorite restaurant. But it's definitely a restaurant that makes one of my favorite pizzas!

megan said... Best Blogger Tips

that's so funny...i would be so nervous to have my husband shop for me! whenever he goes to the store he calls like 15 times because he can't find stuff, he's not sure what kind to get, etc. I try to be really specific if I ever have to send him to the store :)

Tracey said... Best Blogger Tips

My favorite restaurant is Wildfire. It is a steak house but what I like best is the Chopped salad. It is amazing and big enough to share!

I too like magianos and have actually been trying to get my husband to go. He just hates spending money on Italian food because he thinks he can make it just as good at home:)

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Sending hubby shopping is quite brave of you!

I love a place called Metro Lafayette, a California fusion restaurant that rocks my world! Enjoy your lunch!

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm not sure I have a favorite restaurant per say. We really only go to chain places...

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

I have a sweet tooth so I am basing my decision on desserts. In that case it would have to be the melting pot! I just love dipping all those goodies in yummy chocolate!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I can never stick to a list when grocery shopping. I always end up with way too much stuff!

Andrea@CeleryITCity said... Best Blogger Tips

I am not a stick to the list kind of person..my grocery store trips are usually best when I'm looking for new things to get out of a food rut!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

You make the most lovely looking chicken :-)

I have SO many favourite restaurants ... but Korea House is one of my faves.

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips

So glad the hubby did a good job with shopping - sometimes you just never know! BBQ chicken, so flavorful and easy.

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

You are brave! I don't think I'd hand over the grocery list! I prefer to leave him at home...he price checks everything! He buys based on price and I buy based on quality!

The BBQ chicken looks wonderful!!!

lynn @ the actors diet said... Best Blogger Tips

hmmm...there's favorite restaurant like the best place i've ever eaten (in italy) and there's the places i like to go to all the time. so hard to choose!!!