Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cool Cakes

Hey everyone!

Thankfully, I didn't get picked for jury duty. I think the only thing that got me out of it was the fact that I have a final at school this week. Otherwise, I would've been a shoe-in for jury duty. I swear, I must have the "ready, willing and able juror" look on my face....it's ridiculous!!

My weekend was very relaxed and a lot of fun. I celebrated my cousins 19th birthday with the family and had such a great time! My mom was in charge of the cake, and being the creative person that she is, she came up with such a neat cake idea.

My cousin is a fan of the Phillies, so my mom made a baseball cake.


Cute, isn't it?

My mom made the "P" out of licorice and held it together with toothpicks. See the bases? They were made with Hershey's bars.

It tasted so great! Nice job on the cake, mom!

Question of the Day:
When it comes to cake, do you prefer chocolate or vanilla?

I'm a chocolate girl all the way!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

15 comments:

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

What a cute cake! I'm a vanilla girl or, even better, confetti cake girl!

Veggies 'n' Cake said... Best Blogger Tips

I like vanilla cake the best. It is even better with a strawberry flavor icing!

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

Such a cute cake!! I like chocolate, with chocolate buttercream frosting, with chocolate ganache in the middle. Definitely think that's insulin worth! :D

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

You're lucky! I had Jury Duty the past four days and it was kind of a pain ;-)

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

I am always a chocolate girl...chocolate on chocolate!! The cake was super cute!!

THE ACTORS DIET said... Best Blogger Tips

love the phillies cake! my sister-in-law and her hubby were actually the first couple to be married in the new stadium, so obviously they hold a special place in my family's heart...

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

Good thing you didn't get stuck doing jury duty!! The cake looks so cute.

That's a tough question, I love vanilla and chocolate the same. I will take a two layer cake of chocolate and vanilla ;)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

yum yum in my tum

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I love chocolate, but it's gotta be interesting! Throw some almond extract into it and I'm happy!

Train Your Life said... Best Blogger Tips

oh no, jury duty! I've never been selected (knocks on wood)

That cake looks awesome!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I rather have Strawberry shortcake! lol..but IF I had to pick, I would say vanilla =)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am not a big fan of cake, but I like chocolate lava cake, or a REALLY gooey moist vanilla cake.

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

hey u! i won't have access to email tomorrow until the later afternoon, and i emailed u this morning to see if we're still on for lunch thurs! :) call me! :)

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

That's an adorable cake! So smart to use the other candies for accents. :) I'm chocolate all the way!!

Mom on the Run said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad you didn't get called. I have Jury duty in a few weeks. I am hoping I do not get called.

I prefer vanilla or chocolate. I am a swirl ice cream kind of girl :)