Monday, March 29, 2010

Comfort Food Again!

Hello everyone!

Hope you had a fantastic weekend! The husband and I enjoyed spending the weekend celebrating his birthday. Later this week, I'll post the recipe for his favorite birthday cake-peanut butter butterfinger cake with cream cheese icing. It's also a lower-fat cake, so that's pretty exciting!

Since it's raining and looking gloomy out, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to post a recipe I made that takes me back to some classic comfort food.

You can find the recipe for Tex-Mex Chicken & Rice Bake here.

I love that you can make the entire recipe in one pan. It makes cleanup so much easier!


Salsa, water, soup, corn, rice and some chili powder mixed in the pan (I didn't have any paprika on hand)

I put the chicken on top and baked for 45 minutes. After it was done baking, I topped it with cheese and let it melt.


Yum!

I took out my portion and put it in a to-go container.


This was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. How can you go wrong with some chicken, rice and cheese?

Question of the Day:

What's the weather like where you are?

In Philly, it's looking like it's going to pour!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

8 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Great dinner! I should make something like this for Josh. He loves Mexican & chicken- so can't go wrong :) It was CRAZY here in Charleston last night (thunder and lightening) but it is hot hot hot!

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmm so delicious! I love this cheesy rice dish! I'm a comfort food addict.
The weather here is dreary, cold, and rainy. I'm wishing I didn't pack away the winter clothes!!

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

The weather is crappy here in DC too. And the forecast says it's staying this way for a while...no fun. I'm loading up on some comfort foods too. No other way to doit today.

THE ACTORS DIET said... Best Blogger Tips

it's gorgeous and sunny in l.a. but the folks we are housesitting for are in philly, so i guess they're getting rain....

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

That dish looks delish! It has been raining over here too since ayer!

Train Your Life said... Best Blogger Tips

it has been pouring ALL day here in CT...apparently for the next few days.
as long as we have nice weather for the weekend :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

It is SO warm today!!!! I spent about an hour outside with my students :-) It might rain tonight - I hope it does!!!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

It's pouring in NY. I'm sick of the rain!