Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Best Stuff Ever

On Sunday, the husband and I visited with my grandmom . My aunts, uncles and cousins also happened to be over, and we had such a great time laughing and catching up.

The husband and I couldn't stay for dinner because we had something going on that night. I came into work Monday morning with an e-mail from my grandmom telling me that she saved me some dinner. It wasn't just any dinner, it was her famous, (probably should be) award winning homemade green spaghetti. Green spaghetti you ask? Why yes! My grandmom makes green spaghetti by adding spinach to her dough. It is the most amazing homemade spaghetti ever!! Grandmom used to make this delicious stuff for just about every holiday.

I haven't had it in awhile, and I thought it was so sweet that she would save me some. I apologize for the lighting of the picture. It was taken very quickly at my mom's house. I couldn't wait to dig into it!





Whenever I tell people about my love for green spaghetti, they always look at me like I have ten heads. My grandmom gave me the recipe for it, but I have yet to try it. My theory is that nothing tastes as good as grandmoms.

Question of the Day:
Do you eat any foods that people consider weird?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

15 comments:

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks awesome! At first I thought it was pesto - such a fun tradition!

I think I eat pretty normal. Although, when I hang out with some of my friends from HS they can't believe all that I eat (I used to only eat like 5 things) and they think things like hummus and edamame are weird! (which I find more as staples). :)

Lauren @ Eater Not a Runner said... Best Blogger Tips

My boyfriend thinks that green monsters are VERY weird...I love them!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

I loveeee green spaghetti! Its delicious and awesome because it has all those extra vitamins. I like carrots and mustard...thats probably the strangest thing I eat :)

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Erica-I love carrots and mustard too! Everyone at my work thinks I'm weird for liking that combo!

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

WOw WOw!! I bet this dish is amazing. Your grandmom sounds like a wonderful lady. I can't believe she makes her own fresh pasta! I love the idea of adding spinach to spaghetti dough. I eat lots of things that my family thinks are weird. Maybe oatmeal with a side of broccoli is a little out there?

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Yums that looks so good! but I am even more impressed that your abuela knows how to email! I love it

Rose said... Best Blogger Tips

I love meals that are passed down like this!

Veggies, Cake & Cocktails said... Best Blogger Tips

I wouldn't say I eat weird food but some of the combinations of food I put together can be strange.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I wish I had a grandmother that made her own pasta. It sounds delicious!

Anna said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmmmm...homemade spaghetti is SO good!!! Lucky you!

My family is really freaked out by my green smoothies :-)

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow that's new to me but looks delish!

megan said... Best Blogger Tips

how fun! those old family favorites are the best meals. My grandma used to make halupki - meat and rice wrapped up in cabbage and cooked in sauerkraut! It sounds gross, but it is seriously my favorite meal ever!

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

Homemade spaghetti... YES PLEASE!! I love it when my grandma makes her special dishes, they are always amazing. And you know even if you get the recipe and try to remake their famous dishes, they just never come out as good as G-ma makes them.

My brothers think its weird that I eat Tofu and veggies, haha, I think its completely normal!!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

Weird?! That sounds insanely delicious! What a smart cookie to think to put spinach into pasta! Love it!

Thanks for your comment yesterday! Everyone was so supportive, I was so pleasantly surprised. So, thank you :) Made my week!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Pretty much everything I eat people think is weird :-)